ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Class of 2026 Board

jakeboldenbrp

Blue Raider
Silver Member
Jan 2, 2024
Shelbyville, TN
With a look ahead to the Class of 2026, based on current roster construction, everything is open game. It's always tough to predict, but the 2024-25 roster is very top heavy with experience and Insell and co. will look to reload at all positions and, assuredly, generate depth through the high school ranks. Here is a running list that will be updated as the summer recruiting season heats up.

Offers:
  • Andrea Flores, 5'10" SG (Daniel Boone HS, Tennessee Flight) Gray, TN
    • Currently Ranked #7 in TN
    • Recent Offers: Toledo, Boston College, Belmont, Georgia Tech, Appalachian State

• Whitley Rogers, 5'11" SF (Little Rock Christian Academy, Tennessee Flight) Little Rock, AR
    • Currently Ranked #3 in AR
    • Recent Offers: Georgia Tech, Memphis

• Kimora Fields, 6'2" PF (Bradley Central HS, FBC United) Cleveland, TN
    • Currently Ranked #1 in TN, #32 Nationally
    • 2024 TN Class 4A Miss Basketball Finalist as Sophomore
    • Recent Offers: Florida Atlantic, Stetson, UCF, Wake Forest, Memphis

• Chelby Jordan, 5'8" PG (Dyersburg HS, Tennessee Flight) Dyersburg, TN
    • Currently Ranked #5 in TN
    • Recent Offers: Austin Peay, UT-Arlington, Lipscomb, Louisiana, Dayton

• Braylee Winfrey, 5'8" SG (Auburn HS, Tennessee Flight) Auburn, AL
    • Currently Ranked #12 in AR
    • Recent Offers: Stephen F. Austin, Mercer

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Matt said on his podcast we're still looking to sign 2 possibly 3 more for the '25-'26 team. Love to see us get at least 1 of the 2 centers we've made recent offers to, plus one or two of the players shown above.
Bradley Central probably had one of Tennessee's best team's in recent memory. To sign Kimora Fields would practically be beyond expectations, but I never put anything beyond Coach Matt's potential.

Surely she will receive several more acc/sec offers. Really if you are six ft 8 and not receiving power 5 offers the do we really want her? There are very few hidden gems out there who are 6’8. I like the environment our coaches have created and I like our chances with her!

Reactions: MTFAN61
Surely she will receive several more acc/sec offers. Really if you are six ft 8 and not receiving power 5 offers the do we really want her? There are very few hidden gems out there who are 6’8. I like the environment our coaches have created and I like our chances with her!
I don't disagree at all. In fact you can add Florida, Syracuse, & North Carolina to that list of offers for Emily. Not sure if it had been posted, but Emily's father sent his own personal post about how much he loved coming back to his Alma Mater with Emily on her visit here. Said he was also thrilled to see the facility enhancements going on.
Didn't mean for the Ole Miss post tweet to come across as anything fearful for Raiders fans. Just a general update.
Don't hold me to this, but reading his tweet I think her family lives in the Franklin area, & it came across very encouraging!

Matt said on his podcast we're still looking to sign 2 possibly 3 more for the '25-'26 team. Love to see us get at least 1 of the 2 centers we've made recent offers to, plus one or two of the players shown above.
Bradley Central probably had one of Tennessee's best team's in recent memory. To sign Kimora Fields would practically be beyond expectations, but I never put anything beyond Coach Matt's potential.
I'd say their focus is at the center/forward position for the '25 class' remaining scholarships.

An early Fields' commitment would take a lot of pressure off the '25 class. Just a reminder that Fields is a '26 HS grad.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Like other ppl have said, if your a 6'8 domestic prospect and aren't racking up high major interest, something is wrong. Middle does has a few things going for them in regards to Hunter. If they haven't already, Middle should get Jada to talk to her, she'd understand being a highly sought after recruit

Like other ppl have said, if your a 6'8 domestic prospect and aren't racking up high major interest, something is wrong. Middle does has a few things going for them in regards to Hunter. If they haven't already, Middle should get Jada to talk to her, she'd understand being a highly sought after recruit
Absolutely agreed! Hunter would be a program-centric type of player here; much easier to lose in the noise at a high major with a high risk type of commitment. Here, you've got strong promises of 20+ win seasons, conference championships, NCAA bids, and - hopefully this is continuing - NCAA wins.

Going outside the class of 2026, but CMI has also offered Murfreesboro native 6' 0" PF Makynli Bacon for the Class of 2028.
In 2022 Bacon was with Oakland Middle girls basketball program. Has since moved on to the Webb School where one publication already has her at 6' 1".
Could be 6' 4" or taller by graduation. Matt's keeping up the process of going after them early!

Offers:
  • Andrea Flores, 5'10" SG (Daniel Boone HS, Tennessee Flight) Gray, TN
    • Currently Ranked #7 in TN
    • Recent Offers: Chattanooga, Mississippi State, Toledo, Boston College, Belmont

• Recent Offers: Kennesaw State, Memphis, Belmont, North Alabama, Southern Miss
July update for the '26 class.

Andrea Flores and Chelby Jordan both played on the Tennessee Flight Silver team that won the Nike EYBL National Championship in mid-July in Louisville, KY. As a result they both received some attention.

Flores adds offers from Chattanooga and her second P4 offer from Mississippi State. Which will speak to the levels her recruiting can go moving into her Junior season of high school.

Jordan gets a handful of offers in our backyard: C-USA newcomer Kennesaw State, in-state rivals Memphis and Belmont, and North Alabama.

Braylee Winfrey, 5'8" SG (Auburn HS, Tennessee Flight) Auburn, AL
  • Currently Ranked #12 in AR
  • Recent Offers: Stephen F. Austin, Mercer
Also forgot to mention a new target, 5'8 SG from Lake Hamilton, AR, Braylee Winfrey.

Winfrey becomes the fourth member of Tennessee Flight to make the Lady Raiders' Class of 25 board. Winfrey played on the Flight Silver team that won the Nike EYBL National Championship in Louisville, KY. She recently moved this summer to Auburn, AL from Arkansas. Not sure if the move was basketball related but making the TN Flight Silver team, winning a national championship and playing for an Auburn HS program that is consistently in the State Tournament (with 2 of the last 4 years making the Final Four) would add to my speculation. Fits the mold of an Insell recruit -- balanced, plays both sides well, coachable, and most importantly, she's a winner!

CMI has also offered Murfreesboro native 6' 0" PF Makynli Bacon for the Class of 2028.
In 2022 Bacon was with Oakland Middle girls basketball program. Has since moved on to the Webb School where one publication already has her at 6' 1".
Could be 6' 4" or taller by graduation. Matt's keeping up the process of going after them early!
Bacon has the makings to be a Top 10 prospect by the time class of 28 rankings are released. She played on the 16U TN Flight Silver that won the National Championship (at 14 years old!) holds P4 offers from Mississippi, Mississippi State, and Florida before she's even played one minute of high school basketball.

Bacon has the makings to be a Top 10 prospect by the time class of 28 rankings are released. She played on the 16U TN Flight Silver that won the National Championship (at 14 years old!) holds P4 offers from Mississippi, Mississippi State, and Florida before she's even played one minute of high school basketball.
Now she has one from Alabama. If I’m middle I do all I can to make her my #1 priority. I remember watching her at Oakland MS and letting the coach know that she was going to be special!!

Now she has one from Alabama. If I’m middle I do all I can to make her my #1 priority. I remember watching her at Oakland MS and letting the coach know that she was going to be special!!
Definitely hope we are putting a massive effort into getting her (which I'm sure, given this staff, we are!)

Offers:

• Recent Offers: Austin Peay, UT-Arlington, Lipscomb, Louisiana, Dayton
Not much has changed on the 2026 front other than dual-sport athlete Chelby Jordan received 6 offers since the conclusion of the AAU season: Austin Peay, UT-Arlington, Lipscomb, Louisiana, Dayton, and Arkansas State. She also took an unofficial visit to Belmont before the start of school.

Our recruiting has gone up and up in recent years, accentuated by our recent commitment of 6'10" Dominguez. Other ladies who want to play for a serious contender - the WBB version of Gonzaga - have a place to call home... Murfreesboro TN!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT