ADVERTISEMENT

C-USA New Website

dukewayne

All American
Jul 11, 2008
Some may have already noticed, but C-USA has a new website. Same address of course, but pages are updated. A new clean update was needed. C-USA is now with SideArm Sports, the same as the Blue Raiders.

It also looks like they are putting a new digital network, CUSA.tv together. The prices appear to be fairly reasonable if the whole conference is getting in line with the same digital network through SideArm Sports. With talk about and promotion of ESPN3, it will be interesting to see how content is accessible when and where with CUSA.tv.

I imagine C-USA will be rolling it out in the morning or the next day as media days begin.

It also looks like ESPN3 will be live streaming each team's presentation at media days.

With other networks spending more big bucks on P5, C-USA contracts are still disturbing. The conference taking a hit with all the conference changes and ESPN reductions is understandable. I'm starting to wonder if the media deal needed to be as bad for C-USA as it turned out to be? I'm wondering if the conference leadership was up to the task in the business negotiations? I guess time will tell. It's good that the conference at least appears to be getting on top of digital content and distribution.

Question to be answered: Will all of MT's home FB and BkB games which were available without charge previously on the net through GoBlueRaiders.com still be there or will MT fans have to subscribe to CUSA.tv?

(I plan to be at all home games but being able to stream games is great if one has to miss for whatever.)

Question to be answered: Will all of MT's home FB and BkB games which were available without charge previously on the net through GoBlueRaiders.com still be there or will MT fans have to subscribe to CUSA.tv?

(I plan to be at all home games but being able to stream games is great if one has to miss for whatever.)

Great question. I was hinting around about that in my original post. One of a few questions.

The last year or two, MT has made most to all home games available online. Unfortunately, the rest of the conference was all over the place in digital coverage. Some had the old CUSA Digital plan, others had whatever online service their program used i.e. MT SideArm Sports. A small sampling just now (3) revealed C-USA programs with 3 different website services. As long as all are under the new CUSA.tv system, then it should not be a problem. Bottomline, get full conference digital coverage. During the sports seasons, I like to watch other C-USA games when MT is not playing. I don't even mind paying a fair fee to do so. You know, help the conference providing a good service.

A quick gander at some of the new pages suggest that 24hr access will be $7 for that one day, one month $11, and one year $100. I find that to be reasonable for full access to full content from all C-USA members. Several or more programs not participating would be poor in my opinion.

With C-USA media days, #CUSAKickoff, starting, I suspect or hope that they will present the new media services and package.

It looks like MT is scheduled to present live at C-USA Media Days on ESPN3 at 11AM tomorrow Tues the 26th of July. C-USA site seems to suggest that coverage will be archived in various manners to be accessed later at peoples' convenience. Those details I do not know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT