ADVERTISEMENT

Bulle finished 1st round strong . . .

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
. . . birdeying the last two holes to finish two under. Not a bad start for his first time in a tournament with such significance.

Awesome performance by him today. I followed him on the interwebs. Had a good 45 foot put for eagle on 17 and only missed it by a couple of feet to set himself up for a short birdie putt.

Bulle cooled off after the first. He bogey'd on #9 and a couple more on the back 9. He now is Even for the tournament. He should easily make the cut.

That's still damn good. I was looking him up and he averages around $32,000 a year. I am sure he will make more than that on this tournament.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Channel 2 sports showed clips of the tournament this morning. I was all set to complain about them not giving him any coverage, but then they showed him sinking a put and mentioning the MT connection.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I can't imaging the pressure of playing on Sunday in top-level event, much less a major. Especially true if your only prior experience on the PGA tour was during the Thur./Fri rounds a couple of years back at the U. S. Open.

That said, I was hoping against hope that Bulle's four hole run at +5 during the 3rd round would be an aberration and that he would have a good day today. Very disappointed that he finished last among those who made the cut but at least he didn't have today's worst round (made by the much more experienced and #1 in the world Dustin Johnson).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT