ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Bonehead vandy players

A couple of things come to mind regarding this.

1) Craiglist is awful. The cloak of secrecy isn't worth the dollars you make. VarageSale or Facebook Marketplace allows you to see and vette on a personal level.

2) I thought that Vanderbilt was supposed to have Academically superior students. I'm being dead serious. Between Matthew Fisher-Davis, these guys, and the alleged criminals on trial, I am seriously wondering if this is true.

Yes, any program can get into trouble and people can be stupid but there are a lot of bad decisions happening by a lot of "smart" people.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
It's patently obvious that the school on West End allows academic exemptions for athletes but I have never seen it admitted or even implied. And yet the media along with their fans, even those who have never entered a college classroom, love to promote and brag about their "high academic standards".

Those in the know realize that while so-called "elite" schools may be hard to get in they are also hard to "flunk" out of. These schools don't want to hurt their high retention and graduation numbers.

I can respect an academic institution who may not be as good in sports due to their upholding of high academic standards.

I really don't know how Vandy has historically handled this.

My observation and opinion from recent years is that Vandy is likely compromising academic standards for better sports performance. In my opinion, this was really glaring during their coach Franklin era.

Anyone else see the irony of Penn St that will go down in sports history as one of the worst child sex abuse scandals in college athletics ending up hiring a head coach who was known for being the head coach of a team that is known for having a huge sex abuse or assault scandal? Although, scandal may not be the proper word since it's been in the Nashville courts for a few years it seems.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
"When you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk and when you gotta shoot don't bring a pellet gun." - Tuco in the Good, the Bad and the Ugly remake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT