ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS Board of Trustees OK's Academic Program Changes, Policy Updates

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
wgns:

http://www.wgnsradio.com/mtsu-board...emic-program-changes-policy-updates-cms-42912
Board of Trustees OK's Academic Program Changes, Policy Updates

excerpt:

• ....Athletic Director Chris Massaro gave a presentation on development of a master plan for improvement of athletics facilities to the Academic Affairs, Student Life, and Athletics Committee;
  • Voted on a policy that requires all trustees, except the student and faculty representative, to reimburse the university for travel when attending out-of-town athletic events;
  • Learned that THEC ranked the proposed Academic Classroom Building No. 1 and the Applied Engineering Building, housing the mechatronics program, No. 7 for capital project funding in preparation of the governor's 2018-19 budget.....

What is an Academic Classroom Building?

"New classrooms, class labs, and centralized facilities for the College of Behavioral and Health Sciences"

SiteLocation.jpg

http://www.mtsu.edu/campusplanning/projects.php

Disappointed that was nothing in there about Murphy Center/Monte Hale Arena renovations other than an main entry plaza on the NE corner and a note about shifting the loading dock to the NW corner of Murphy Center.

With some of the details lacking, I wondered if that was verbally addressed just not in the ppt or any minutes. There are definitely some pretty big gaps. Interesting to get an idea of the future direction of the athletics complex. Catching the response of the committee would have been telling. All of this stuff keeps happening, and I somehow keep missing it.

It looks like some downsizing of Floyd Stadium. Can't really say that is shocking news. In the grand scheme of things, MT athletics has a lot bigger fish to fry. Like just trying to figure out how to get even one of those new facilities started.

I also wondered if that study with architects is an ongoing job. It looks like that presentation was early Dec. I wonder if they are further developing any ideas for The Murph on the Master Plan? You know the interior has to be a pretty high priority within the athletic dept.

The recently released financial data for MT athletics did not paint a pretty picture for MT football. Going backwards in ticket sales. What was it? Down about $380K from the previous year.

At least men and women's basketball are increasing ticket revenues! Glad to see some numbers reflecting the success of basketball.

Speaking of bball success, those concept renderings of the Murphy Center addition did look like a pretty nice and much earned upgrade for Kermit and the basketball program. I really hope Kermit and the team does not have to wait too many years to see those types of upgrades realized.

The recently released financial data for MT athletics did not paint a pretty picture for MT football. Going backwards in ticket sales. What was it? Down about $380K from the previous year.

At least men and women's basketball are increasing ticket revenues! Glad to see some numbers reflecting the success of basketball.
FB season ticket sales have been in decline (revenue and overall) for some time (I think 2010 or 2011)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT