ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL black turf?

I know they said they'd adhere to health guidelines on the heat, and it is in NY so that helps, but man that is going to be miserable for the players. Looks awesome but man.

I personally hope we never try anything like that. I like our blue against the standard green. I would like to see a bigger revamped midfield logo and endzones next paint job though.

I personally hope we never try anything like that. I like our blue against the standard green. I would like to see a bigger revamped midfield logo and endzones next paint job though.
Agree.

If you can't go smurfturf (would look really good in Murfreesboro in blue), go green with better end zones.

At some point, I'd love for the athletic Dept to get on the same page re: fonts / branding. Font at midfield is different than endzone and the side of football pants.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Agree.

If you can't go smurfturf (would look really good in Murfreesboro in blue), go green with better end zones.

At some point, I'd love for the athletic Dept to get on the same page re: fonts / branding. Font at midfield is different than endzone and the side of football pants.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Boise State owns the trademark/license to the colored Blue field. I thought I read somewhere a while back that every school has to go through them. I do not envision them approving another blue field, but I think that would be cool. What about a white or gray?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Boise State owns the trademark/license to the colored Blue field. I thought I read somewhere a while back that every school has to go through them. I do not envision them approving another blue field, but I think that would be cool. What about a white or gray?
Oh yeah. There's no way blue turf comes here. Wish it could but it's not happening. Boise wouldn't let it happen.

Love how Boise has used blue turf as marketing advantage (same with Oregon jerseys)

Could that stand up in court?

How can you trademark a color?

And if you can, I need to get busy at the trademark office....

Reactions: Hop45
Could that stand up in court?

How can you trademark a color?

And if you can, I need to get busy at the trademark office....
Not just the color, but the color on a field that they can protect. "The color blue as applied to artificial turf" is the offical wording.
If you can prove it is essential to your identity and people would confuse another entity for you if they used it, or associate another entity with you as a result of their use, it can be protected. That's how the yellow of Post-It notes is trademarked.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT