ADVERTISEMENT

Be Prepared for Unconstitutional Chaos

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
Be Prepared for Unconstitutional Chaos November 12, 2014

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: To me, this is breathtaking stuff that is happening here, and it's being covered up and hidden because other liberal Democrats know how devastating this is. The media, for example. To report This guy has admitted the whole premise of Obamacare was a lie. Everything about it was a lie.

Now you've got Obama with his threatened executive action -- and don't discount for a moment, there are multiple motives for this. Of course, at the top is actually doing them. I don't think that's secondary. But there's also the resulting chaos, as Obama floods the zone with things. You get up one day, you look over here and there comes an executive order for amnesty.

ObamaConstitutionBW.jpg
And then three hours later, here comes one with punitive energy taxes and so forth to slay the evil monster of global warming. And then after that he's gonna regulating the Internet, and you don't know what to tackle first. And then you realize none of it's gonna happen lawfully! It's got multiple purposes. Ferguson, Missouri? That grand jury is gonna open up one of these days, and that's gonna be more chaos. (interruption)

You are confused about something, El Snerdbo? What...? (interruption) Mmm-hmm. (interruption) I know he can't, but he did. Snerdley said, "A president cannot unilaterally issue a treaty," meaning what he's done with the ChiComs. By the way, what he's done with the ChiComs... (chuckling) I don't know where to start on this. This is the global warming executive order.

What Obama has done is agreed to limit emissions in this country and do so starting relatively soon, almost immediately, and exempted the ChiComs from the same restrictions until 2020 or 2030. The ChiComs signed on to it just like that, because they do not have to withhold and reduce any emissions! They can continue growing their economy left and right.

Obama has just agreed to put immediate penalties and shackles on the US economy to "save the planet" under the premise that we, the United States, are the leading violators of the public trust. The United States is primarily responsible for destroying the climate, for destroying the planet, and we must pay for our past transgressions! We must pay for all of this false prosperity that we have enjoyed all of these years.

It was never genuine and thus never really ours, and we must pay that price because this country's despicable what it's done. So he has signed this thing. He can't. This has to be ratified by the Senate. He can't do what he has done, unless ... nobody stops him. It's always gonna come down to that. It can be no other way. He's not gonna stop himself. The Constitution is there. It's out there. It's everywhere.

But if you don't honor it, if you pretend it isn't there -- which Obama is doing -- then the only remedy is to call him on it. You realize how...? (interruption) There is no force of law! There is no rule of law in the Obama administration. That's the point. The law has to be enforced by human beings. A law does not enforce itself. The Constitution does not enforce itself. That was my point late last week, maybe earlier this week.

I asked an open-ended question. I wanted people to think about it. Do you realize how fragilely balanced...? I mean, this is the greatest country on earth with more human freedom and dignity than has ever existed in the human race at any time in world history, and we have only been around for a little over 200 years. Do you realize how fragilely assembled and balanced this is?

It all hinges on everybody, particularly -- president on down -- elected leaders having reverence and respect for the Constitution. It's the honor system. Now, we have safeguards built in, in case somebody decides to shred it. But if the courts are not going to act -- if there in effect is no police force -- then there is no law, is there? You can run around shouting, "You can't do that! You can't!"

He's doing it.

The Constitution does not have a living, breathing life where it can enforce itself. This is why all the talk about the importance of character and morality in elected leaders from the founders in such things as the Federalist Papers. The Constitution, if it's just seen as a piece of paper that doesn't have any ammunition to enforce itself, then why be afraid of it?

"I don't believe in that! I think that was written by a bunch of rich white guys to subjugate everybody else. I don't believe in it. That Constitution? To hell with that! Why should I care? I don't believe it. I don't have to follow that. Who says I have to follow that? I got elected president; I can do whatever I want -- as long as nobody's gonna stop me."

ObamaDictatorBurnConstitutionPIX.jpg
That's how precariously balanced we've always been. If there isn't respect and a reverence for the document, then the document may as well say whatever you want it to say. That's why to me it's always been crucially important the people who are elected and put in these extremely important, powerful positions. They have to be good people. And there has been so much corruption on the American left.

The judiciary is corrupt. We have left-wing ideologues everywhere. Some are disguised as judges; some are disguised as professors; some are disguised as journalists; some are disguised as environmental administrators; some are disguised as accountants. But they're left-wing ideologues, and they look at the Constitution as an obstacle. It's something in their way. They don't have reverence for it.

You know the old story I've told countless times, Cass Sunstein, a well-known, well-respected legal beagle on the left who believes the Constitution is negative, from the left's standpoint, the Constitution is a series of negative liberties. That's the term they came up with. What is negative about liberty? How in the world can the document which codifies the whole notion of God-given, by virtue of birth, human freedom, how can that be seen as a negative document?

Well, very easily. If you happen to believe that government is the sun in the solar system and there is no God, then that document puts you in jail. That document tells you what you can't do. That's what's negative. Charter of negative liberties? And Obama believes this. The Constitution is too limiting on government, which is exactly what it was to do, limit the government, the Bill of Rights, the whole thing, limit the government. But to people like Cass Sunstein and Obama and this guy Gruber and all of 'em, "Well, that's no good. We want a document that describes how much power we have. We want a document that spells out what we can do, not what we can't do."

To them the Constitution is nothing but a list of things they can't do, and to heck with that. So they're on a course, and have been for decades, to either get around it or to change it, as in the Second Amendment or anything else in it they don't like. They'll try to change things in the system, but if that doesn't work, like the Second Amendment and being able to get rid of that or rewrite it, then they'll take guns away some other way. And they'll do it after they acquire so much power that there's no way you can stop them.

RushConstitution4.jpg
I mean, it would be wonderful if everything we were taught in junior high in Civics 101 were actually true, that everybody loved the Constitution and that everybody respected the Founding Fathers and that everybody had a profound awe and respect for this country. But the sad reality is there are a lot of people that hate the country and a lot of people who resent the country and a lot of people think the country, the Constitution, is nothing more than a document that allows the persecution of many people and permits the discrimination against many people. And a document that permits only certain people to get rich and everybody else be poor.

There are people that believe this and they happen to be in the judiciary now in big numbers. And they happen to be called professors at colleges and universities. And they happen to be called journalists when they work at news networks and newspapers. But they're all left-wing ideologues who have all been raised and educated the way Obama has. So you ask me, "Well, he just can't sign a treaty like that." The hell he can't. He's president. He's doing it. Anybody stopping him? The Chinese agreed. What do you mean, I can't do it? Well, the Constitution says he can't do it. The Constitution saying he can't do it means as much as my writing a document saying he can't do it, to him.

The Constitution's an obstacle. Oh, he'll give lip service to how much he respects it, lip service to the Founders, lip service to all this stuff, but that's just the continuation of the big lie to everybody, like Gruber's lie on health care.

Anyway, my friends, just a brief pause here, an obscene profit time-out. Again, the left calls profits obscene, so I jokingly call 'em obscene profits just to razz them.

END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

RushLimbaugh.com: Obama's Climate Deal with China is Suicidal - 11.12.14

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT