ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Athlon asked coaches in Conference USA to talk anonymously about their conference opponents

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Athlon asked coaches in Conference USA to talk anonymously about their opponents...

Coaches dish on all 14 C-USA teams

excerpt:

“Brent Stockstill getting hurt last year cost them at least two more wins, so getting him back 100 percent is going to be big.”

“Stockstill established himself as one of the top players in the league already and has a chance to be special. A lot of times coach’s kids think they know everything, but he seems like a very humble, competitive kid and I know Coach [Rick] Stockstill wouldn’t play him if he didn’t earn it every day in their program.”

“Their No. 1 receiver (Richie James) is as good as anybody in the league and they move him around to try to create matchup issues for your defense. With him and Ty Lee, they’re loaded at receiver.”

“They lose their running back and most of their offensive line, so they may struggle in the running game.”

“Scott Shafer was a huge hire for their defense. He’s a quality coach; much more aggressive than what they’ve had before. I would expect them to be much better on that side of the ball.”

I loved the quote about Butch Davis. lol somebody decided to be really honest on their evaluation of FIU lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT