SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Founded: 1928 Enrollment: 6,569
Colors: Navy, White & Burgundy Nickname: Lions Conference: Heartland Conference
Facility: Stubblefield Center (3,100)
Head Coach: Josh Newman Arizona State, 1998 UAFS Record: 214-115 (11 seasons)
2016-17 Record: 23-11, 13-5 (T-1st HC) 2017 Postseason: NCAA D-II First Round
Starters R/L: 3/2 Lettermen R/L: 7/5 Newcomers: 7

I only stayed for the first half; impressed with the opponent, they didn't back down from us. The stats show a better 2nd half performance. From my view it looked like a first game, the players we thought were good, played well and scored the bulk of the points. Our big men - didn't see enough to know but Gamble and Thomas didn't impress me.

I think whoever is writing the stories for goblueraiders.com is having an exhibition night in getting out the bugs.

http://www.goblueraiders.com/news/2017/11/2/mens-basketball-raiders-triumphant-in-exhibition.aspx

They have a link from Potts name going to his Freshman bio and states him as a Junior.

Anyhow, I only watched it for a bit in the first and second half via webstream on CUSA site. Giddy is doing his thing with 25 points starting the team with the 6 three pointers in the first half. Potts also let the team in forcing turnovers which I think will continue to be his strong suite again this year. If only Giddy had hit 1-2 shots against Butler....

ArkansasFS had quite a center in their 6-10 big. They had a couple streaks where they were competitive.

I really hope Giddy stays healthy this year because he is definitely continuing the momentum.

I think whoever is writing the stories for goblueraiders.com is having an exhibition night in getting out the bugs.

http://www.goblueraiders.com/news/2017/11/2/mens-basketball-raiders-triumphant-in-exhibition.aspx

They have a link from Potts name going to his Freshman bio and states him as a Junior.

Anyhow, I only watched it for a bit in the first and second half via webstream on CUSA site. Giddy is doing his thing with 25 points starting the team with the 6 three pointers in the first half. Potts also let the team in forcing turnovers which I think will continue to be his strong suite again this year. If only Giddy had hit 1-2 shots against Butler....

ArkansasFS had quite a center in their 6-10 big. They had a couple streaks where they were competitive.

I really hope Giddy stays healthy this year because he is definitely continuing the momentum.

JDB: I'm trying my best to forget Giddy's performance in the last game of the '16-'17 season and the impact that a victory would have meant to the program. Wish you hadn't brought it up.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
We looked rusty last night, which is to be expected. Gamble doesn't look like he has improved at all to me. He will not be a scoring threat this year and will be too weak to guard stronger physical post players. If he could add some more weight it would really help his game. Giddy looked good. NIck King looked rusty but he will help us alot this year. I don't think he will be as good as Reggie or Jacorey but will be a solid contributor. He will probably be the number two scorer behind Giddy. None of the other guys stood out that much to me. There were some defensive lapses last night but that is pretty typical this time of year with Kermit's teams. He will have that corrected soon I would imagine. Arkansas Fort Smith appeared to be a good team. This was their second scrimmage and they beat John Brown a NAIA team 104 to 71 in their first one.

It's hard to judge anything on this game. As far as freshmen, and the new players, it always takes awhile for the new guys to get in the groove. None of them, except Thomas, were here last year. And it is going to take time for them to totally gain CKD's trust in game situations. Dixon didn't really gain that trust until the VCU game on the road last year.

I want to see Dixon break out. He plateaued a bit at the end of last year's season.

Dixon having a virus and blowing chunks at the C-USA tourney will tend to bring down a player's level of performance. It clearly effected him at the conf tourney. It looked like he was trying to get his strength back up to speed at the NCAA tourney.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Early in the game Dixon moved well and received a pass and immediately fired up a 3 - this was nice. Last year, he was a spot of shooter, looks like he will be much more ready to fire up a shot with a quicker release. We need him to be a threat from 3 point land, if we can get 8-10 pts a game from him with a high turnover to assist range, I will be happy.

As a true freshman, Dixon was thoroughly impressive running the point. What a find! Great addition by the coaches. I suspect he will only get better. I imagine he will continue to improve and impress this season.

Some others on here may remember better than I, but wasn't he only being pursued by a few schools? Pretty good schools such as Wichita St and a couple others. Perhaps he flew under the radar somewhat since he was at a private school if I recall correctly. Just guessing, but it would seem a good 2/3 of D1 programs would be more than happy to have him and play him.

As a true freshman, Dixon was thoroughly impressive running the point. What a find! Great addition by the coaches. I suspect he will only get better. I imagine he will continue to improve and impress this season.

Some others on here may remember better than I, but wasn't he only being pursued by a few schools? Pretty good schools such as Wichita St and a couple others. Perhaps he flew under the radar somewhat since he was at a private school if I recall correctly. Just guessing, but it would seem a good 2/3 of D1 programs would be more than happy to have him and play him.
I know he played AAU ball with Malik Monk and the other high profile kid that went to Minnesota last year. I think he just got overlooked while playing with nba level talent. Credit Kermit for recognizing his value.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT