ADVERTISEMENT

Anything on Grensing (sp?) and Hammonds, Jr.?

My thoughts for Greg is that any job you have for that long is a blessing in today’s times. Maybe the only reason he would be done with coaching is the move and taking root somewhere else.

I hope for the best for these guys.

Is Grensing's assumed grievance directed at Davis for not including him at Ole Miss or at MT (McDevitt) for not keeping him on?
Regardless, my only knowledge about Grensing is from his "scouting reports" on the pre-game and from watching him on the bench where he seemed from what I observed to be in Davis ear more than the other assistants. From what little I have sensed about Grensing's personality I can see why Davis would have taken the other two for recruiting purposes (in addition to the obvious differences) but he must have had an important function on the staff.
Again, thanks for his contributions to MT BkB and our recent success and hope for him to find a good place.

Reactions: Hop45
Is Grensing's assumed grievance directed at Davis for not including him at Ole Miss or at MT (McDevitt) for not keeping him on?
Regardless, my only knowledge about Grensing is from his "scouting reports" on the pre-game and from watching him on the bench where he seemed from what I observed to be in Davis ear more than the other assistants. From what little I have sensed about Grensing's personality I can see why Davis would have taken the other two for recruiting purposes (in addition to the obvious differences) but he must have had an important function on the staff.
Again, thanks for his contributions to MT BkB and our recent success and hope for him to find a good place.

He wanted to be the head coach.

I really wish at least Grensing at gotten an opportunity. I've heard his wife has a really good job so he may be done coaching.

She seemed to be upset at Massaro. Grensing wanted the HC job and they found out through twitter that he did not get it.

So Massaro is taking his cue from The President and communicating by twitter? (even important info which should be, to a compassionate person, communicated in person in private first)

Reactions: raiders1975
I hope that isn't true. If so, poorly handled.

It's very possible, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was poorly handled.

The reports were CNM was going to be our coach before he signed the contract/MOU or whatever he signed. So for all intents and purposes, we knew he was getting the job. But until he actually signs the contract, the AD is not going to tell other candidates. We have seen so many coaches back out at the last minute.

I would guess once CNM signs the contract, Massaro intended (and hopefully did) talk to Grensing. But with today's 24/7 media, as soon as the reports were leaked that CNM was going to sign, I am sure the emotional damage was done at the Grensing house.

So really, there may not have been anything Massaro did wrong or could have done different in this case. Or maybe, he never bothered to follow-up with Greg (which would have been a jerk move). I guess we will never know for sure.

As early as ESPN and other outlets were reporting this, honestly not surprised he learned through Twitter. And that’s of no fault of CM or anyone else in the department. Now that’s not to say they handled things well after that. I don’t know. Just saying finding out from twitter doesn’t always mean lack of communication in today’s age of following plane routes etc.

Obviously the near instantaneous digital communications factors significantly. Not to be overlooked is that of MT being a growing "relevant" program. Lots of people were watching and interested to hear the direction MT would go. Considering all these factors, and I imagine it would be difficult for an AD to find time to sit down and immediately call all the interviewees to inform them of the decision. In a day or so, probably. Within an hour or so, likely pretty difficult to do.

Hey fans. Just wanted to give a shout out to all of you for your support of MT, specifically MT basketball. I'm Coach Grensing's wife and our family has truly loved being part of the MT family and part of the most successful years to date in MT basketball. My husband was recommended by CKD as his replacement and made it all the way to the final two but in the end CM went with a proven head coach. Yes, we did find out through twitter and a call from the newspaper but that was not the intent of CM.
There are some wonderful young men on the returning team, and we can all trust the process and hope CNM will make us all proud. Our family will most likely remain in the BORO and get the privilege of simply being fans like you! Thanks again for even thinking of us in your chat.

Hey fans. Just wanted to give a shout out to all of you for your support of MT, specifically MT basketball. I'm Coach Grensing's wife and our family has truly loved being part of the MT family and part of the most successful years to date in MT basketball. My husband was recommended by CKD as his replacement and made it all the way to the final two but in the end CM went with a proven head coach. Yes, we did find out through twitter and a call from the newspaper but that was not the intent of CM.
There are some wonderful young men on the returning team, and we can all trust the process and hope CNM will make us all proud. Our family will most likely remain in the BORO and get the privilege of simply being fans like you! Thanks again for even thinking of us in your chat.

What a fantastic post. All of us are appreciative of Coach Grensing and what your entire family has contributed to MT basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT