ADVERTISEMENT

Any of you guys been to Ann Arbor for a game?

Matt Dossett

All American
Staff
May 14, 2016
When MT goes to the big house I will probably be in attendance. If you have been what is your impression of their game day atmosphere? Obviously it's a huge stadium but I've heard from a couple of folks it is somewhat of a wine and cheese crowd.

Last edited:
It's been a few years since I have been there but wine and cheese is correct. I will say they like their beer as well. Great fans and atmosphere. I was there for an Ohio State game so it was rowdy.

Reactions: C-Bow
Went 2x under Schembechler......1x under Carr. All 3 games were against Sister Mary's School for the Blind since that's all we could afford. Still, massive crowds.

Tailgating is top notch and is as good as anywhere. The sea of people is overwhelming.....it's really awe inspiring. Michigan is a school that's for the wealthy and intelligent....so the fans generally are similar. Because of this you don't have quite the white-trashery that you'd expect from places like UT-Knoxville, but obviously there are still plenty of them around.

From the outside the stadium looks small. Much of it is dug into the ground, so from the outside it doesn't look tall. It's a HUGE stadium though, but it's shaped like a shallow bowl. So, if you sitting in the last row at the highest level (there's no upper deck) you aren't that high above the field.......but you are a mile away from it. Contrast this to Neyland Stadium where you stare down from up on high when in the nose-bleed sections. Because of the shape of the stadium, it's not all that loud. Don't get me wrong, 100k+ people are loud, but the stadium doesn't lock the sound in like Neyland or Death Valley.

Reactions: Matt Dossett
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT