ADVERTISEMENT

America, What's Your Problem?

BlueRaiderFan

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2003
Nov. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Robust economic growth has helped push the U.S. budget deficit down to the lowest level since 2008, marking the sharpest turnaround in the government's fiscal position in at least 46 years. Bloomberg View Columnist Peter Orzag and Evercore President and CEO Ralph Schlosstein weigh in on "In The Loop." Orzag's opinions are his own. (Source: Bloomberg)

Robust economic growth has helped push the U.S. lowest level since 2008, marking the sharpest turnaround in the government's fiscal position in at least 46 years.

The shortfall of $483.4 billion in the 12 months ended Sept. 30 was 2.8 percent of the nation's gross domestic product of $17.2 trillion over the same period, according to data compiled by Bloomberg using Commerce Department figures. The figure peaked at 10.1 percent of GDP in December 2009.

"That's what happens when the government is holding itself back on spending and the economy is improving," said New York. "The question is, is that as good as it gets or will the deficit continue to shrink?"

10413352_10204402964688036_1459041866490390861_n.jpg

Debt to GDP at 2.8%

BRF,

Please stop...go back and read the last fly by thread you started - Conservatives, misguided or brainwashed? You basically threw out some crap to see if it would stick. I responded then but will not to your so called "argument" in this piece.

Keep believing the Liberal party line.

At least my posts aren't meant to be a sounding board for an echo chamber. I don't believe liberal or conservative party lines completely but these are irrefutable facts. Sorry if you don't like it.

Originally posted by BlueRaiderFan:
That's the difference between us Mike; You believe everything you're sold by the right.
No, I don't believe everything the right says. I don't know what they are actually going to propose come January. I am hopeful, but guarded. I actually believe that many of our problems cannot be solved by govt. So for the most part, my vote is an anti vote against the President, against those that support his agenda.

But I do know this article and the other you posted were complete BS. Its funny - lets pull up some stats, take them out of context and then blame the voters for being stupid.

They aren't "Taken out of context." It's our firggin GDP etc for christs sake. It is a fact and no, something Bush did 6 years ago is not what is causing our current economic numbers to look good. You can't have it both ways. If Obama was as bad as you say he is, the economy would be tanked again by now, but it isn't. It's amazing what a little regulation of Wall St can do to calm the market bubbles, but I guess that's all Bush's doing as well, eh? You guys are laughable. "Bush ALL GOOD SAVIOR" and "Obama ALL BAD DUMMY" It's like talking with children.
This post was edited on 11/7 7:14 AM by BlueRaiderFan

Without enough cash to pay out its Lehman-related debts, AIG went under and was nationalized. Credit markets locked up and catastrophe seemed all too likely. Paulson proposed providing liquidity to financial markets by having the government buy up debt related to bad mortgages with a [76]

Both parties had something to do with it, Mike, not just the Republicans, but I guess listening to Limbaugh and Fox News will get your facts our of order, huh?

Originally posted by BlueRaiderFan:

Without enough cash to pay out its Lehman-related debts, AIG went under and was nationalized. Credit markets locked up and catastrophe seemed all too likely. Paulson proposed providing liquidity to financial markets by having the government buy up debt related to bad mortgages with a [76]

Both parties had something to do with it, Mike, not just the Republicans, but I guess listening to Limbaugh and Fox News will get your facts our of order, huh?
Dude, you wear me out. You created two threads about an Obama Presidency, the things He has led and accomplished and your now hitting me with what Congress under a Bush Presidency....please step away from your keyboard.

I noted your comment about more people with healthcare? At what cost. Do you want me to post the articles that talk about the % of ACA bronze plans that were bought with very high deductibles? Do want to explain to me how having a high deductible plan equals having healthcare when you someone who only can afford the premium because is subsidized? The govt doesn't even know if the people qualifying for ACA were insured before.

Please use your head.

Yeah, let's not give the democratic party any credit for doing the right thing. Again, scoreboard: More Americans than ever with health insurance. Even if this current system doesn't work out, at least we are on the road to a system that does. The current system, regardless of your fantasies about changing laws (which will never happen), is better than what we had. Back to the OP, the stats speak for themselves. You can whine and cry about it but it's true. AGAIN, if Obama were as bad as you claim, regardless of what Bush has done, we would not have these kinds of numbers. You can try and spin it that way, but that is exactly what it is. The current presidents economic recovery act worked pretty dam well with tax cuts and incentives and only PART of it was directed at clean energy, so don't start with that crap. But, I'm certain you'll find a way to give ALL the credit to Bush. I give Bush credit, just not all of it. Unlike you I don't think my side shits golden bricks at all times. Bush and Obama helped the country out of the recession and if Obama was SO bad, we would have regressed by now, but he's not. He's actually doing a pretty good job in most areas. There are some that I think he's not, but generally he is doing a good job. I know you don't agree. I don't give a care to hear about it again. Your a party lackey. You have nothing positive to say about the other side, like everyone else on here, so I know that your thinking is not as critical as you claim. Only a dam fool would claim to be correct in everything and that the other side is wrong in everything.
This post was edited on 11/8 10:07 PM by BlueRaiderFan

And by the way there are a lot of "fly by" threads on here from the other side. Stop thinking that your shit doesn't stink.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT