ADVERTISEMENT

A little help here - Stadium TV

MTFNBY5

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
It appears that while Saturday's game at UAB is listed as being on Stadium TV it is not listed as being on our Comcast Channel (high school BkB is listed). This is the 2nd time so far that this has happened when I was hoping to watch a game.

Apparently you have to sign up (and pay) to watch but the web site is confusing. Signing up for Stadium+ (Ok price at $4.99) does not list C-USA games and they don't clearly explain how to sign up for the C-USA channel or exactly how one would get it to stream.

The school site is no help although it appears that C-USA on Stadium is different from the C-USA channel available through the conference web-site (worthless last year for $100.00 - not gonna renew that).

I am more than willing to pay a reasonable amount to be able to stream the 4 men's away games which are listed but I need a little direction. Can't find a contact for Stadium TV.

It will be streamed on facebook. Pick up a $30 chromecast and you can stream it to your TV. It's actually really good quality, much better than some of the ESPN3 football games from this year

MTFNBY5

I agree with the chromecast suggestion just because it just makes things like this easier. Setup is not too bad as you just insert the chromcast into your TV's HDMI port and go through the setup wizard for chromecast.

There are videos on youtube that will help if you ever get a snag or one of us on here could help:

Thanks for your response. Are your two sentences connected: e.g. Must you first have facebook (I don't) to use a chromecast device (seems to be much like a roku which I have and Stadium will be on soon) which plugs into a TV (?)?

Thanks for your response. Are your two sentences connected: e.g. Must you first have facebook (I don't) to use a chromecast device (seems to be much like a roku which I have and Stadium will be on soon) which plugs into a TV (?)?

Or you can just create a FB account and watch it from an device you do have. Then we Roku gets stadium you should be in good shape.

Hate that you're working with someone so tech challenged but you're saying you must have a FB account to watch on a laptop and that's the only way to get it???

Hate that you're working with someone so tech challenged but you're saying you must have a FB account to watch on a laptop and that's the only way to get it???

The stream is via their FB site. It easy, its free. I watch game from my laptop all the time. You can do it!

So you must have FB to stream anything on Stadium TV?

If so, which plan do you sign in for - no clear info on the stadium site?

So you must have FB to stream anything on Stadium TV?

If so, which plan do you sign in for - no clear info on the stadium site?

Stadium streams on different platforms but have a FB page...https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=stadium live college basketball

I have comcast and have an actual Stadium channel. However, I will watch via FB if out of town. So its not a must to have FB, I was just suggesting for you since you don't have it on your Roku, you could just create a FB account to watch the game on Saturday.

Or you can just create a FB account and watch it from an device you do have. Then we Roku gets stadium you should be in good shape.

Mike, you can already get Stadium on ROKU. Just add the "Pluto" app to the device and you will find Stadiums as one of 100+ channels. Pluto also has a cable-like interface.

The only problem is that if Stadium is showing the game only via Facebook it will not be on the Stadium cable channel or the Pluto channel either. The Ole Miss game and one other was Facebook only.

Don't believe the local comcast will carry our game via the Nashville Stadium channel.

As for watching on FB. I can watch on someone else's FB account on their I-pad, smartphone, etc?
Using the link you provided?

I'm not even sure you need to have an account. If you have the link then it should be open to anyone. There is no payment needed to watch when it is a facebook only feed.

Mike, you can already get Stadium on ROKU. Just add the "Pluto" app to the device and you will find Stadiums as one of 100+ channels. Pluto also has a cable-like interface.

The only problem is that if Stadium is showing the game only via Facebook it will not be on the Stadium cable channel or the Pluto channel either. The Ole Miss game and one other was Facebook only.
So how, and when, do we find out if the game is on FB or will be available via "Pluto"?

Great point!!! Either not enough staff or who's there is not doing their job.

Whatever happened to the position of SID? Then I would know who to complain to.

Great point!!! Either not enough staff or who's there is not doing their job.

Whatever happened to the position of SID? Then I would know who to complain to.

Well, technically they do put the information up on the schedule page which is really all they should have to do. But with the absurdly awful television deal we have with this conference they have to go the extra mile just to help us figure out where we might be able to find the game. This is more an indictment on the conference's leadership or lack thereof than it is MT. But I wish MT would at least be a little more forward leaning considering the TV deal is such a joke and it's damn near impossible to keep up with what platform we are playing on from one week to the next.

SpaceRaider does a good job listing all of the media options available for a game at the top of every game thread

If you have a HAM radio, a crystal ball, a ouija board or a facebook account in Indonesia, you're ok. Don't forget twitter. You get great reception on twitter. CUSA is the best. P7 baby.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Looks like I may be able to use my "better half's" FB account to watch the game on my Laptop (and hook to TV through HDMI). I was able to get the site up but since there are so few games scheduled I can't be sure I can watch until game time.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow afternoon..

Looks like I may be able to use my "better half's" FB account to watch the game on my Laptop (and hook to TV through HDMI). I was able to get the site up but since there are so few games scheduled I can't be sure I can watch until game time.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow afternoon..

You shouldn't need an account. I logged out of FB and was able to watch videos on the site. I also talked to the athletic dept and they changed the listing on the website (the schedule page). If the games are facebook only it will say Stadium FB under the location of the game.

YES!!! I've been watching on my TV through HDMI from laptop wsing wife's fb.

Thanks for all the help, and most importantly, Go Blue Raiders - Let's finish with a huge 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT