ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL #3 seed, hosting, against #6 Vermont

yup. watching.

I do not think we'll get past Vermont.

This might be the most competitive NIT field in the history of the tournament. Holy cow there's some good teams in this tournament

I’m worried our team won’t have any juice for this game. They went from being a top 25 team anticipating a Sweet 16 run to an NCAA snub in a little over a week. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think they get hyped for this. Did ya’ll see the picture on Twitter about Nick King sitting all alone in the team meeting room an hour after getting snubbed?

I agree. Hard to blame King. You think he transferred here to play in the NIT?

He doesn't have the attachment/pride like the rest of the team because he's only been here a year. He's basically a hired mercenary. He had one goal and that was to make the NCAA tournament and show his skills in the biggest tournament in the world.

That goal wasn't reached so the season in his eyes is nothing but a failure. And it's hard to be mad at him for having those expectations and feeling that way. He's one of the best players in the country and rightfully believes he should be playing in the NCAA tournament. Ironically, he has nobody to blame but himself because if he didn't $hit the bed against Marshall, we would be dancing.

and the bottom line is this....

it doesn't matter what the rest of the team did against marshall that night. If King would have played well, we would have won regardless. King playing like crap along with the rest of the team = junior varsity style performance.

It's a team game. King missed 8 FT, but Walters missed 5, Giddy missed 9 FG attempts and 4 3pt. Johnston missed 9 FG and 3 3pt. Everyone had a bad night.

It is what it is and all we can do now is hope and root them on to be ready to take on Vermont.

Reactions: Hop45
Look, he had a bad game, but it was not just him. I know its no use trying to argue with you but check the box score. If he makes 100% of his free throws we still lose by one.

King won us more games this year than he lost us.

lol check the box score?

maybe you should watch the game. you can't just look at the margin of defeat. Marshall only won by a significant margin because we fouled them into oblivion and gave them a bunch of FT's at the end which wouldn't have happened if King hit his FT's.

Again, King hits his FT's and we win. And the rest of the team playing bad is not an excuse for him to play bad as well. King plays good, we win. King hits his FT's, we win. Sorry if you don't like those facts.

I think we stomp a mud hole in Vermont, feel bad for them really. Middle is going to go slice thru them like a warm knife through butter. Louisville is the one that will have the let down game. King and giddy are going to put on a hell of a show. Drinks on me in nyc! Going to be a fun ride!

Go Blue and don’t forget to join the BRAA lot of exciting things going on!

Reactions: subkyle
lol check the box score?

maybe you should watch the game. you can't just look at the margin of defeat. Marshall only won by a significant margin because we fouled them into oblivion and gave them a bunch of FT's at the end which wouldn't have happened if King hit his FT's.

Again, King hits his FT's and we win. And the rest of the team playing bad is not an excuse for him to play bad as well. King plays good, we win. King hits his FT's, we win. Sorry if you don't like those facts.

Dude, you make me tired...

King played bad in that game but so did the rest of the team. That’s a fact, too.
How do I know this? I watched the game.

Get some rest tonight and don’t let a game played by college kids cause you too much distress.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
lol check the box score?

Free throws are the easiest shot in basketball, and if a team cannot hit them, it will eventually be costly. King had an off night as did our team in general against Marshall and USM. On paper we win, and we should have. But, it’s time to turn the page and beat the Catamounts of Vermont. We had better take them seriously, for if we don’t our NIT season will come to an abrupt halt. We have the talent and heart to win the entire tournament, but will we apply ourselves for the task and put our disappointment behind us? That remains to be seen. Many snubbed teams end up losing the opener because they don’t swallow their pride and play hard. This is a fine opportunity to have an NIT Championship. Southern Miss has one in 1987, we can get one too!

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Wiley,
With all due respect, just because you are foolish enough to bet on college athletes doesn't give you the right to blame them for your loss. It's a game, the TEAM lost, I'm sure Nick King lined your pockets well this season. Just because your bookie is currently standing on your testicles, doesn't mean we want to read your anger. We are all disappointed, however, most of us still have money in our pockets.

Now, let's beat Vermont et al and hang a damn banner.

Reactions: Hop45 and MT Glenn
Wiley,
With all due respect, just because you are foolish enough to bet on college athletes doesn't give you the right to blame them for your loss. It's a game, the TEAM lost, I'm sure Nick King lined your pockets well this season. Just because your bookie is currently standing on your testicles, doesn't mean we want to read your anger. We are all disappointed, however, most of us still have money in our pockets.

Now, let's beat Vermont et al and hang a damn banner.

what? You think I would take MT as an 11.5 point favorite to a team they lost to?

No thanks. I only bet on like 4 MT games this year, the last being the WKU game, which was free money.

And I'm not angry. Just pointing out the fact that if King had played well, we would have won. (Doesn't matter how the rest of the team played)

And it's all the fault of the FG kicker when they miss a last second 56 yd fg attempt?

Come on. You know that is just scapegoating one player and letting the rest of the team off the hook. You don't want to lose on a missed 56 yard fg attempt, don't get into position of needing a 56 yard fg in order to win the game.

Don't want to lose by some missed FTs, be up by 15 points early in the 2nd half. As a team, including coaches, you are asking for a loss if you are placing the win or loss on only one facet or aspect of the game. Plus, it's not right to blame one of the guys in a team sport. Now if it were the one real and true sport of wrestling, then blaming the one guy might make sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT