ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB #23 Middle Tennessee (17-2, 10-0)vs FIU (10-9, 5-5), 1PM, Saturday, January 28,2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Founded: 1965
Enrollment: 56,732
Colors: Blue & Gold Nickname: Panthers
Series: MTSU leads 29-10
Facility: Ocean Break Convocation Center
Head Coach: Jesyka Burks-Wiley
Record at FIU: 30-29 (2) Overall: Same
2021-22 Record: 15-16 2022 Postseason: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 3/2 Letterwinners R/L: 6/6

Radio: WGNS 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM; 1450-AM
Talent: Dick Palmer (pxp) Duane Hickey (analyst)
TV: ESPN+
Talent: Jake Rose (pxp) Daron Park (analyst)

Last edited:
Another big game today. Hopefully there is a rocking crowd in the Glass House, it seems like Saturday games are always well attended

Reactions: elamlee
Good start today with WGNS not doing the radio broadcast. Guess everyone will have to show up in person today!

While concerned about our offensive deficiencies lately (4 straight sub 70 point performances) looks like we're developing one of the better lock down defenses in the country.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Yes. Still lots of room for improvement but when you can not play great yet win that big, it's a plus. The last few games in particular, the offense has not played well. A little concerning with some road games coming up and a big target on our back but almost every team goes through a slump. Eventually, things are going to start rolling again. Let's just hope it's soon. Let's keep the lock down D going, get this upcoming road trip out of the way and hope the offense catches up.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Yes. Still lots of room for improvement but when you can not play great yet win that big, it's a plus. The last few games in particular, the offense has not played well. A little concerning with some road games coming up and a big target on our back but almost every team goes through a slump. Eventually, things are going to start rolling again. Let's just hope it's soon. Let's keep the lock down D going, get this upcoming road trip out of the way and hope the offense catches up.
We're such a good shooting team that the terrible long range performances are going to start getting better. I think that will happen with this road swing coming up in Texas. Plus, playing on the road is always tougher and nothing can be taken for granted - I think this team realizes that and will do what needs to be done both at a very tough UTEP team and a wounded animal in UTSA.

Reactions: crassyblue
Nashville's channel 5 sports anchor Steve Layman just pronounced Kseniya's 1st name Suh-ny-uh. Your given 3 minutes a night to report sports, 45 seconds of that is on local teams & athletes. Is it too much to ask you to review the pronunciation of an athlete's name you just presented?? So lazy

Nashville's channel 5 sports anchor Steve Layman just pronounced Kseniya's 1st name Suh-ny-uh. Your given 3 minutes a night to report sports, 45 seconds of that is on local teams & athletes. Is it too much to ask you to review the pronunciation of an athlete's name you just presented?? So lazy
Yeah, heard that. Disappointing.

Maybe, just maybe all this plays into our favor. Layman's inability to do a little leg work, all the low seeding predictions, Tennessee fans moaning, and other disrespect might just help us. Little things like this keep that fire lit. I like it when we play angry. Speaking of disrespect, I heard chirps from the Insell family in the stands yesterday directed at the FIU coach asking if she was going to vote for us this week in the top 25. I didn't realize that voting was made public (other than the final tally) but apparently they know that she hasn't been voting for us.

Maybe, just maybe all this plays into our favor. Layman's inability to do a little leg work, all the low seeding predictions, Tennessee fans moaning, and other disrespect might just help us. Little things like this keep that fire lit. I like it when we play angry. Speaking of disrespect, I heard chirps from the Insell family in the stands yesterday directed at the FIU coach asking if she was going to vote for us this week in the top 25. I didn't realize that voting was made public (other than the final tally) but apparently they know that she hasn't been voting for us.
Coach hinted at that in post game interview

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT