ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING 2017 commitment

Davis also mentioned a 6' 10" JUCO sitting out (one of the best JUCO "bigs" last year according to Davis) who is not practicing with the team because??? I'm assuming not on scholarship or practicing until academics are taken care of.
Anyone catch his name?

I tried to find any info on Sims last night. Only thing I found was his scoring average this year. 2.6 ppg.

Yikes. This kid better be a lock-down defender.

Donovan is a smaller guard but he is very intelligent. He isnt going to fill up the stat sheet but he is steady and will run the offense.

Davis also mentioned a 6' 10" JUCO sitting out (one of the best JUCO "bigs" last year according to Davis) who is not practicing with the team because??? I'm assuming not on scholarship or practicing until academics are taken care of.
Anyone catch his name?

Walters from Walters State

Don't know how I missed hearing about Walters. Looks like with Walters, Williams, Thomas, Gamble and Phillips we'll have some depth inside. Now, let's hope they will all contribute.

From what I can tell, Walters was also offered by Nebraska and had serious interest from UT.

I listened to the replay of the coach's show on WGNS. Davis said Walters had a good Fall semester academically at MT so based on that comment and the fact that he was even mentioned on the show I have to believe he is on the road to being eligible next year.

Sims reminds me of a leaner Bruce Massey. Needs to get his strength up, but from a floor general perspective, this kid will do well at MT. Love his vision on the court.

Check out my thoughts HERE

Sims reminds me of a leaner Bruce Massey. Needs to get his strength up, but from a floor general perspective, this kid will do well at MT. Love his vision on the court.

Check out my thoughts HERE
Based on his Rivals.com profile evaluation and your breakdown, this kid sees like a true 1 guard.

I listened to the replay of the coach's show on WGNS. Davis said Walters had a good Fall semester academically at MT so based on that comment and the fact that he was even mentioned on the show I have to believe he is on the road to being eligible next year.
Just make sure he doesn't get the same profs as Giddy...

I tried to find any info on Sims last night. Only thing I found was his scoring average this year. 2.6 ppg.

Yikes. This kid better be a lock-down defender.
If this guy was not local everyone would question it. Sure he has another year to develop but not much jumped out to me on film. Hard to see the Bruce Massey comparison (other than shooting ability) as he was a physical defender and could drive the lane.

If this guy was not local everyone would question it. Sure he has another year to develop but not much jumped out to me on film. Hard to see the Bruce Massey comparison (other than shooting ability) as he was a physical defender and could drive the lane.

I agree with MightyRaider. I know his sisters were MT cheerleaders and he is a local kid, but I didn't feel like he was at that level just yet. However, after thinking about it, I think it is a direction we are heading with regards to our system. Jacob Ivory is not in there to score points. He is there to distribute the ball and run the offense. He is there to defend and not there as much of a scoring option. Ivory and Sims both can score if needed. However their build is very similar and their game is very similar. Ivory will be a junior next year and a senior when Sims joins the team as a freshman. He will be a great mentor to Sims. With the scoring options coming from Giddy, Reggie, and others over the next few years they just need to get the team in our offense and protect the ball. Might be a great idea since we are 7-0 when Ivory is the starting point guard.

Reactions: C-Bow
Sims will definitely be a system point guard. I don't think Kermit really cares for "playmaker" point guards. I think this is part of the reasoning behind Copeland's inconsistency.

But averaging two points a game (I believe someone said earlier) in High School!!!??? I came off the bench and averaged more than that. I get system point guard and all but you would think he would be more productive.

I have seen Blackman play a couple of times this year and he really doesnt look to score. They dont need him to score at all as evident by their 20-0 record. I think when their leading scorers, who are all seniors, graduate he will score a little bit more next year.I'm not saying the kid is Steph Curry or Russell Westbrook don't get me wrong. I think a big thing for him this offseason will be to get stronger and work on his quickness. Kermit will love him because he won't play out of control and try to do too much

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT