ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL If you were buying/selling stock for Conference USA teams the next five seasons?

My question is about MT's perceived stock in possibly 3-4 years. I have a feeling that after CDM's first year (2024-25) of transition at MT we could be in store for some very good campaigns. If between years 2 & 3 of CDM's tenure let's say we win an average of 10 games annually, & we broaden our appeal to conferences such as SunBelt or AAC. These conferences already know of our massive investment in facilities upgrades underway.
I know we have conjectured on this before, but that was under a previous coaches regime. At that time we were up in arms over the lack of direction for the football program, & our facilities situation. Both undoubtedly played a role in Middle Tennessee getting left behind when others advanced.
Now we face a new situation. CUSA has added quality members such as Liberty, Missouri St, & Delaware for example along with an improved media plan.
While it is a big if, what If CDM & the football team have a couple of surprisingly great years under his direction early on, & we garner the attention of the AAC or Sunbelt would we still want to make a move or continue to stay with CUSA?
I'm not sure, but I feel the administration may be as happy being with CUSA as it would any other conferences at this time. If in a few years down the road MT does receive an invitation do we still feel strongly about taking it? Have our thoughts changed concerning conference realignment with the advent of CDM being our new coach along with the fact it looks like CUSA has appeared to stabilize itself.

As for moves to other conferences - if another conference calls, you see if the $$$'s work, and if so, you move. There's probably no realistic world where CUSA passes the Sunbelt or AAC. And frankly, I think we're a better fit in the Sunbelt anyways (with more desire-able conference peers).

FOOTBALL Showing of hands.......

Bought my season tix last week. Let's go BLUE!

BTW, Memphis can suck it. That craphole should be vaporized. I remember when they found pieces of a human body buried in a front yard like 4 houses down from the stadium the day we played them in 07. We were tailgating right down the street and could see all the yellow tape from where we were. Awesome place that toilet is.
Lol. You ain't wrong.
Memphis was a great place in the late 60s through the early 80s. The music scene was awesome, low crime and lots of entertainment. Nowadays the city is just complete crap and getting worse. The only value is their football team. The Tigers are really good.

FOOTBALL If you were buying/selling stock for Conference USA teams the next five seasons?

We got rid of our coach but the deadbeat leadership is still there. I wouldn't bet on this program to make any proactive moves.
Our investments in athletics is minimal and late. If and when they are complete we will still be behind.
All of our woes are 100% on the current administrations lack of leadership.

By the time we would be seen as improved, there will be a clearer picture of where things stand.

In 2-3 yrs things will change slightly. The FSU/Clemson mess will be solidified (zero doubt to me they'll settle and leave) and the ACC will either be picked by the B12 with others settling or it will pick from the G5. Either way come the next CFP contract the ACC will be hurting.

There is just too much in flex the next few years. Is it worth moving? Will the G5 have its own playoff and then it won't matter what conference we are in? Will that playoff be for a CFP spot or no? The AAC makes more now at around $7m, yes. But their deal runs out in 2030 and won't be that much next round. Charlotte isn't Cincy.

We are in CUSA till the end of the '27 season as we signed a GOR. Leaving early costs us $800k for each year left.
By then, a clearer picture will be seen of the landscape around us and within us by what CDM (and McD) are able to accomplish.
Reactions: MTFAN61 and MTTim

If we could leave CUSA for the AAC it’s a no brainer. Sun Belt I would say yes too but some others might disagree.
I get your point, but I thought I read rumors that some had considered the AAC a declining conference. I'm somewhat out of the loop of the goings on with the AAC. If anyone has knowledge or thoughts on the AAC would be glad to hear more. Not sure if what I read was out of someone's anger for their schools not being selected, or if they had some validation.

My question is about MT's perceived stock in possibly 3-4 years. I have a feeling that after CDM's first year (2024-25) of transition at MT we could be in store for some very good campaigns. If between years 2 & 3 of CDM's tenure let's say we win an average of 10 games annually, & we broaden our appeal to conferences such as SunBelt or AAC. These conferences already know of our massive investment in facilities upgrades underway.
I know we have conjectured on this before, but that was under a previous coaches regime. At that time we were up in arms over the lack of direction for the football program, & our facilities situation. Both undoubtedly played a role in Middle Tennessee getting left behind when others advanced.
Now we face a new situation. CUSA has added quality members such as Liberty, Missouri St, & Delaware for example along with an improved media plan.
While it is a big if, what If CDM & the football team have a couple of surprisingly great years under his direction early on, & we garner the attention of the AAC or Sunbelt would we still want to make a move or continue to stay with CUSA?
I'm not sure, but I feel the administration may be as happy being with CUSA as it would any other conferences at this time. If in a few years down the road MT does receive an invitation do we still feel strongly about taking it? Have our thoughts changed concerning conference realignment with the advent of CDM being our new coach along with the fact it looks like CUSA has appeared to stabilize itself.
If we could leave CUSA for the AAC it’s a no brainer. Sun Belt I would say yes too but some others might disagree.

FOOTBALL Showing of hands.......

Bought my season tix last week. Let's go BLUE!

BTW, Memphis can suck it. That craphole should be vaporized. I remember when they found pieces of a human body buried in a front yard like 4 houses down from the stadium the day we played them in 07. We were tailgating right down the street and could see all the yellow tape from where we were. Awesome place that toilet is.

BB RECRUITING Portal Shopping

I heard Iullia had a visit to Michigan. Heard nothing in regards to schools of interest on Sifa or Rubio. Sifa, according to her instagram, was recently in Texas (about 2 weeks ago, I think?) and currently in her home country of Rwanda.
I saw a social media post with Iullia working out in Michigan gear in their weight room so looks like that is her new home. Best of luck to her although I am disappointed she decided to leave. She was gonna be fun to watch.

Coronavirus

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT