ADVERTISEMENT

Starting offensive lineman Ethan Ellis detained after incident

I agree with Wiley.

Current stats in the U.S. suggest that close to 40% of those charged with a felony are innocent or have the charges dropped. I expect similar or more so for misdemeanors.

This kid may or may not have done something that needs discipline. I expect CDM to watch the video and make take appropriate steps.

This reinforces for the team: nothing good happens after midnight, especially if you’re at a bar.

I’ll get fired from my job if I’m arrested. It’s part of life.

Would you lose your professional license and never be able to work in your profession again?

Because I would, and you'll never convince me that it isn't bullshit. 9 years of college and 20 years of experience in the field....what would somebody even do if that's taken from you ?

Losing a job is one thing. Losing your entire career, livelihood, and ability to your provide for your family is another.

I'll say it again. Punishment should not vary based on your job. I do not like how certain professions are held to higher standards than others. You'll never be able to convince me it's fair, because it's not.

When it comes to Ethan this is a private matter as far as I'm concerned. It's not like the cops are gonna let him off or give him special treatment because of who he is. If anything they will be as stringent as possible with him. Let him pay his debts like everyone else and get on with his life. If he doesn't learn and continues to be a repeat offender it will catch up to him. Punishment is typically progressive in the judicial world and he will only get so many chances. But he shouldn't get any fewer or any more chances than anyone else. Treat everyone fairly.
Reactions: arg3b

Not many details. Don't see any assault/battery charges. Doubting he hit anybody with a "disorderly conduct" charge. Details matter.

I've never been a fan of holding so and so to higher standards because they do X for a living. It's flat out unfair and should be illegal.

What the man does in his free time is his business. If he breaks the law, he can pay his fines, do his time in jail or prison, or whatever. We are all humans and we all make mistakes. Punishment should not vary based on your job.
I’ll get fired from my job if I’m arrested. It’s part of life.

Not many details. Don't see any assault/battery charges. Doubting he hit anybody with a "disorderly conduct" charge. Details matter.

I've never been a fan of holding so and so to higher standards because they do X for a living. It's flat out unfair and should be illegal.

What the man does in his free time is his business. If he breaks the law, he can pay his fines, do his time in jail or prison, or whatever. We are all humans and we all make mistakes. Punishment should not vary based on your job.

This was at a bar where a female was involved at approximately 2 am. From what we're reading it sounds like the bouncers were intervening on behalf of the girl. This guy is 6' 5" or so & well over 300 lbs versus a young woman. I don't even care if she started it. If this guy was drinking & fighting with a female patron at a bar at 2 am for some reason he has issues. The bouncers intervened for her safety along with other patrons. Apparently Ellis went off & tried to fight the bouncers as well. This is the 2nd similar incident for fighting at a public place in 2 years.
How many incidents like this are ok before setting an example? 3, 4, 5 incidents?
He certainly would have been a benefit on the offensive line, but this doesn't appear to be someone I can find myself cheering for on a Saturday. Time to move on, & good luck to him developing better personal restraint in the future.

LADY RAIDER BB Whitson Added to Staff

I see we have 2 new additions to the staff for strength/conditioning coaches, & athletics training. Does this mean Tessa Grossman has left the team? If so, wish her all the best. CRI loves playing with minimum substitution. Last year's conditioning was phenomenal. Those who played 35 minute games were strong not just for a specific game, but the entire year.
Update: just checked the roster for 2024-25, & I don't see Tessa listed as a coach. Really hate to see her go. Despite some player's extended minutes last year we made it through without major injuries to the starters. I believe Tessman's conditioning program played a huge role in that. I hope our new strength coaches can play as positive a role as Grossman did.
If anyone has insite to where she moved on to would be interested in knowing what school poached her. I believe they got a good one.
Could really say the last 2-3 years. She earned every penny she made at Middle
Reactions: MTFAN61

I see we have 2 new additions to the staff for strength/conditioning coaches, & athletics training. Does this mean Tessa Grossman has left the team? If so, wish her all the best. CRI loves playing with minimum substitution. Last year's conditioning was phenomenal. Those who played 35 minute games were strong not just for a specific game, but the entire year.
Update: just checked the roster for 2024-25, & I don't see Tessa listed as a coach. Really hate to see her go. Despite some player's extended minutes last year we made it through without major injuries to the starters. I believe Tessman's conditioning program played a huge role in that. I hope our new strength coaches can play as positive a role as Grossman did.
If anyone has insite to where she moved on to would be interested in knowing what school poached her. I believe they got a good one.
She's at VCU now as Director of WBB Sports Performance. She posted on IG in June that she was leaving and has updated her bio to mention her new post.
Reactions: MTFAN61

BASKETBALL Conference Schedule Released

Fast forwarded through CNM on WGNS. Said he wanted to put out an “attractive” schedule for fans. Several points we know or he said:

18 conference games this year. Expects to play 20 or 22 conference games next year.

Non-conference: 9 of 13 set.

UAB
Evansville
Belmont
Murray State
Abilene Christian
California Baptist
Myrtle Beach (3 games)
Expect 2 non-NCAA games
Need 2 more to be set.

Side note: CNM told a lie in the interview. He said scheduling is more a struggle because bigger schools/conferences are playing only Q1 and Q4 games and MT is not in those. That’s 100% inaccurate. We had a NET of 288. Playing us anywhere (home, road, neutral) is a Q4 game. We would need to be in the top 240 and host or in the top 160 in a road game to be a Q3 game. Teams aren’t playing MT because Q4 games don’t really help those schools and CNM doesn’t want the guaranteed L.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT