ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Zane Gibson moving up coaching ranks

Zane Gibson

Personal:
Born Sept. 17, 1990 in Chattanooga, Tenn. ... Son of John and Gena Gibson and has two brothers, Gavin (current sophomore for Middle Tennessee) and Chandler ... Father, John, played basketball at UT-Chattanooga from 1984-86 and coached there from 1988-2001 ... Majoring in History with a minor in Political Science & SAAC member for three years and current Vice President & Admires his parents and loves anything that his Dad cooks & Says Batman is his favorite superhero & Favorite actor is Robert De Niro & Enjoys watching the Big Bang Theory on TV and the Godfather movies & All the Kings Men is his favorite book & Best career athletic moment is making the NCAA Tournament & Best thing about being a Blue Raider is playing in front of the Blue Zoo and winning & Coach Davis' honesty and desire to win are his two favorite attributes & Dream job would be to coach at Middle Tennessee.

A young man definitely worth keeping an eye on.

For whatever reason, there just hasn't been that many young players enter the bball coaching ranks with good ties to MT. Football has seen former players and asst coaches start to make pretty big moves in coaching, but not so much in bball. Hopefully that will start to change.

He is doing well... excerpt:

Williams has been the head men's basketball coach at fellow NJCAA Division I program University of South Carolina-Salkehatchie for the past three years. In the season that was just cut short by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Indians posted a 27-4 record and were the NJCAA Division I Region X Champions. They qualified for the NJCAA National Tournament in Hutchinson for only the second time in school history, earning a first round bye with a #7 seed in this years tournament. After the successful season, Williams was named the Region X Coach of the Year for his efforts in leading the Indians. Williams was the first coach in school history to put together back to back 20 win seasons and he topped that by setting a school record for wins in his third season.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I have my eye on Brian Burg. I believe he was the director of ops here under Kermit for a few years. He is now an assistant under Chris Beard at Texas Tech who I think is a top 5 coach in America.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT