ADVERTISEMENT

WKU and Stansbury ain't playin' around

Not surprising. After watching Stans at Miss St, the man can recruit. He sucks at developing talent, his team's underachieve, & about 1/2 his recruits will not finish at WKU.

Look at the teams & talent he had at MSU and see how many times he made it out of the 1st weekend of the NCAA tourney.

I was glad he was "retired" at MSU. his teams will win on talent alone, then underachieve in the postseason.

Was it UTEP who had a McDonald's all American committed to them a couple years ago but flipped late? I swear that was UTEP

Reactions: TeKEraider
Of all teams, I hate to see WKU get the big success. On the other hand, our enemy and conference archrival improving can have a positive effect on the conference. Teams, talent, recruits, tend to be drawn in to compete against said successful team. A rising team can sometimes bring rival conference teams up along with them. Overall improving conference teams is good for C-USA and MT.

Which begs the question, when was he hired? LOL
Hired in the last month or so. His godfather (Shammond Williams) was previously an assistant at Tulane so it's not like Stansburry went and hired his HS / AAU coach.

From the outside looking in, everything seems to be above board and within NCAA regulations.

Hired in the last month or so. His godfather (Shammond Williams) was previously an assistant at Tulane so it's not like Stansburry went and hired his HS / AAU coach.

From the outside looking in, everything seems to be above board and within NCAA regulations.
Aren't you a WKU grad, Austin? Heh.

I honestly don't know why more of these one and done players dont consider mid major level programs. Go in, ball out and get drafted. Doesn't matter if you do it at Carolina or MT...scouts will see the same player on tape.

Aren't you a WKU grad, Austin? Heh.
Yes, my undergraduate coursework was from a small school in Florida, MT, and finally graduated from WKU. I also a Masters from United States Sports Academy.

What's your point? How does my alma mater (which I have visited since I left Bowling Green two years ago) affect my ability to remain objective regarding NCAA regulations?

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
I didn't think about that in relation to WKU, but is that highly rated recruit a likely one-and-done? It's a good point as so many of the 5-star recruits that play at Duke, Kansas, UNC, UK, etc etc are one-and-done players.

I didn't think about that in relation to WKU, but is that highly rated recruit a likely one-and-done? It's a good point as so many of the 5-star recruits that play at Duke, Kansas, UNC, UK, etc etc are one-and-done players.

At MSU, Stans coached a lot of 4 & 5 stars, but none went 1 & done (except to transfer). See his last 5 star player in action.

Stan will improve their talent. But his teams will under perform for the talent he gets & half his team will transfer out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT