ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Why zero Liberty/NY6 chatter out there?

They haven't beaten anyone of note. Just MAC and CUSA teams
I came here to say the same, but when you look at Tulane, who is currently the highest ranked G5 team, they haven't beaten anyone of note either. And they have a loss to Ole Miss.

And JMU is ahead of Liberty in other polls.

JMU is a legit team. Hate how NCAA feels it has to flex its muscles by keeping them out of bowl contention. They've done everything right about making their program FBS worthy. I understand the reasoning behind it, but there's going to be a lot of poorer quality schools bowling not named JMU. Didn't they start playing as an FBS when they destroyed MT last year?

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
They’ve had some chatter and a few NY6 bowl predictions from reputable sources. They’ve had a soft schedule due to the move to CUSA. If they go 13-0 I think they’re in. Either way a 13-0 Liberty will have a lot of people talking and that helps CUSA. Need them to win their bowl game though.

Reactions: MTLynn
JMU is a legit team. Hate how NCAA feels it has to flex its muscles by keeping them out of bowl contention. They've done everything right about making their program FBS worthy. I understand the reasoning behind it, but there's going to be a lot of poorer quality schools bowling not named JMU. Didn't they start playing as an FBS when they destroyed MT last year?
They’re in year two of their transition just like JSU and SHSU. They just decided to play an FBS schedule last year because their conference dropped all their games when they announced the move to FBS. Can’t do it for them unless they are doing it for JSU too.

They’re in year two of their transition just like JSU and SHSU. They just decided to play an FBS schedule last year because their conference dropped all their games when they announced the move to FBS. Can’t do it for them unless they are doing it for JSU too.
The point is none of these schools should be subjected to that stupid rule.

Good. I despise ODU.
Given your extraordinary contributions to this board, I have to ask. I get why any school would have no love lost to a geographic rival. I imagine us & ODU were maybe conference rivals for 10 or so years. Kermit & Jeff Jones had quite the rivalry on the hardwood through the years. Why no love for ODU, I hated to see them go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT