ADVERTISEMENT

When is JUCO signing?..

CWYPNr_WcAIBfhg.jpg

Hopefully ALL of them will enroll in January. Its a bit heavy on numbers. But we did need some LBs and an OL.

I think we have RS quite a bit of our F the last few years so its OK from time to time to over sign on JC players.

Casey,
It looks like Bing-Dukes has 3 years left. Any others? Also can we back count any of them to last years class?

Hopefully ALL of them will enroll in January. Its a bit heavy on numbers. But we did need some LBs and an OL.

I think we have RS quite a bit of our F the last few years so its OK from time to time to over sign on JC players.

I'm not a huge fan of this staff signing a boatload of JUCO's. I still remember that 2010 class that had 11 JUCO's and only maybe 2 of them ever contributed in a meaningful way. I still think a big reason that the 2-10 season in 2011 was so bad for us was that a ton of those JUCO's that were expected to play and contribute right away just flamed out.

Our JUCO recruiting is so hit and miss (mostly miss). For every Ed Batties there seems to be 3 Jared Bamber's, Jamar Brown's, or Ryan Rosenvall's.

I can see why they went JUCO heavy - we've got a window opening up here with Brent and some of the talent around him to really make some noise here in the next year or two - and JUCO's can provide a quick talent infusion.

We just better be sure that they are the right JUCO guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT