ADVERTISEMENT

Western Michigan

Guys, this is a 7-5 MAC team. While they may be better than us. I wouldn't call this a tough draw any more than playing at team like Marshall or Arky State. This is as winnable bowl game as we are ever going to get. This isn't slam on WMU, its just where we are in relation to the bowl games we have played.

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
I meant tough by comparison. Winnable for sure but there were easier Mac opponents like Ohio or Akron which would be a more probable win with about equal name recognition. I think we would have been favored over either of those two. I think we are a1-3 point dog in this one

I meant tough by comparison. Winnable for sure but there were easier Mac opponents like Ohio or Akron which would be a more probable win with about equal name recognition. I think we would have been favored over either of those two. I think we are a1-3 point dog in this one
I hope we are the underdog, personally.

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
Guys, this is a 7-5 MAC team. While they may be better than us. I wouldn't call this a tough draw any more than playing at team like Marshall or Arky State. This is as winnable bowl game as we are ever going to get. This isn't slam on WMU, its just where we are in relation to the bowl games we have played.

Agreed. This should indeed be a winnable game and it's about time we started winning games such as these.

Here's a couple of other factors with this too.

In our last bowl, we were treated like the enemy all the way up to the game. Navy got the glory and we got overlooked.

In this game, we will be treated like royalty because of McPhee's roots and his connections. This is his time to shine and he will have the carpet rolled out for us. It's a Thursday game, not a Monday morning game. It's before Christmas, not after and it's only 3 weeks from tomorrow. I like this matchup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT