ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL West Virginia series

GAME INFORMATION
Hashtags:
#BlueRaiders
Social Media: @MT_Baseball (Twitter) MT_Baseball (Instagram) MTSU Blue Raider Baseball (Facebook)
Broadcast: 100.5/101.9 WGNS & TuneIn App

Date:
Friday, March 9; Saturday, March 10 & Sunday, March 11
Time: 6 p.m., 4 p.m. & 1 p.m.
Match-up: Middle Tennessee (7-6) vs. West Virginia (5-5)

Projected Starting Pitchers:
Friday:
LHP Jake Wyrick
Saturday: RHP Carson Lester
Sunday: LHP Peyton Wigginton

goblueraiders.com:
http://goblueraiders.com/news/2018/...ders-host-big-xii-opponent-west-virginia.aspx
Blue Raiders host Big XII opponent West Virginia

Acknowledging every fanbase has losers and rivalries aside, the nastiest fanbases I have ever seen in person were in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Morgantown, West Virginia.

Sad, but true. I was born and raised in WV, grew up a Mountaineer. Live here again now. But some of my worst sports experiences have been at WVU games and it had nothing to do with the game I was watching. Just being surrounded by idiots.

I’m as guilty as the next guy about saying to our opponent I hope you get the wind knocked out of you and have to sit out the next series or something like that. No major pain of course. Lol. But I mean some people are just ruthless buttholes. A few times I’ve been ashamed to be wearing blue and gold at a WVU home game.

Proud to say that even though my home school is that way, my alma mater (and #1 school because of that diploma) has never made me feel that way.

Sad, but true. I was born and raised in WV, grew up a Mountaineer. Live here again now. But some of my worst sports experiences have been at WVU games and it had nothing to do with the game I was watching. Just being surrounded by idiots.

I’m as guilty as the next guy about saying to our opponent I hope you get the wind knocked out of you and have to sit out the next series or something like that. No major pain of course. Lol. But I mean some people are just ruthless buttholes. A few times I’ve been ashamed to be wearing blue and gold at a WVU home game.

Proud to say that even though my home school is that way, my alma mater (and #1 school because of that diploma) has never made me feel that way.

I can honestly say walking down by the trailers going to Mountaineer Stadium before the WVU - Mississippi State football game about 10 years back was the most afraid I have ever been at a sporting event. I thought the battery throwing thing was an urban legend - nope. And I saw the 1 MSU fan that stopped to argue with the tailgaters get drenched by a beer bomb. When the rent-a-cop security guy told our group we are better off just ignoring them and to keep walking, but then he didn't really go back to do anything - then the game was over in the first quarter. A really bad experience.

I have heard the security has gotten better, which is a good thing.

Both LSU and WVU had one thing in common, the visiting fans walking past large groups of "everyday" fans that had been drinking since Friday night. Just a bad set up.

I can honestly say walking down by the trailers going to Mountaineer Stadium before the WVU - Mississippi State football game about 10 years back was the most afraid I have ever been at a sporting event. I thought the battery throwing thing was an urban legend - nope. And I saw the 1 MSU fan that stopped to argue with the tailgaters get drenched by a beer bomb. When the rent-a-cop security guy told our group we are better off just ignoring them and to keep walking, but then he didn't really go back to do anything - then the game was over in the first quarter. A really bad experience.

I have heard the security has gotten better, which is a good thing.

Both LSU and WVU had one thing in common, the visiting fans walking past large groups of "everyday" fans that had been drinking since Friday night. Just a bad set up.

You aren't kidding. Security is better, I've seen them kick people out of the stadium and not even let them in, but still. We always park at the colosseum and take the buses to the stadium. They drop you off at the hospital and you have to walk right through, like you said, the drunks that have been there since Friday night. Over the years I've learned where to sit and where to stay away from. You of course have some idiot, but it has gotten better. But I'm not about to defend any 'eer "fan" that acts that way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT