ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Were you there for this game?

He caught it, bro!
I was there. Just about Everyone in my section had left early. I remember running down the stands several rows to hug a dude.
Brutal to watch but a W none the less

I was there. A little payback for a couple years earlier when FAU took a little 15 yard out pattern 80 yards for a TD with less than 30 second left in the game. A real heartbreaker.

Yes, I was there too. Big crowd and pretty unexciting game until that last play. Remember thinking "here we go again" with the solid turnout and apparent defeat. Definitely a memorable catch.

I was home. First game I watched in my new house. Sat on the couch with my laptop. I was pissed bulk of the game and even told my then wife if this is how they play living here then we are moving. Ended up moving anyway in a few years due to divorce. At least it wasn't because of my Blue Raiders!

I was there. Awesome ending. The amount of students that stayed till the end is crazy. Miss hearing Holcomb do analysis. Enjoyed him

I was there! This was my freshman year and the crowd was great. This may have been the first midweek televised game, anyway, lots of hype from what I could remember. This was an absolutely terrible game to watch except for the last few mins; most of the crowd thinned out.

Yep, i think I was upstairs in a suite for that one.

When was the last time the field was rushed?
I think that is it. I do not remember any other times. Kind of funny, two back to back Field Rushing games that 5-7 season, none since unless my memory is flawed (a good possibility)

I vaguely recall the field being rushed when we beat Maryland at home a few weeks prior to this FAU game in 2008

In the spirit of nostalgia, earlier that season after beating Maryland and losing to Troy, my brother and good friend and I drove up to Lexington to watch us almost beat the wildcats. Had them on the ropes at the end but had a Kevin Dyson finish and couldn’t get a Hail Mary pass over the goal line. Stopped at the 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Predarat and arg3b
I went to that Kentucky game too. Some of the rudest fans I’ve encountered. Vanderbilt 2005 and Arkansas St 2012 are a very close second. That’s after going to Florida, Troy, Alabama, Clemson, South Carolina, Memphis, and Mississippi State

Last edited:
I went to that Kentucky game too. Some of the rudest fans I’ve encountered. Vanderbilt 2005 and Arkansas St 2012 are a very close second. That’s after going to Florida, Troy, Alabama, Clemson, South Carolina, Memphis, and Mississippi State
There was a short stretch of time when about four dozen UK fans were going around various G5 rivals boards trying to take them over and posting a lot of crap. I had to blacklist/ban about that many of them. To the time I stepped down as moderator, never did that to any group of another school's posters coming close to that. Vandy fans are really terrible but they are no where in near the numbers of that school in lexington.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
In the spirit of nostalgia, earlier that season after beating Maryland and losing to Troy, my brother and good friend and I drove up to Lexington to watch us almost beat the wildcats. Had them on the ropes at the end but had a Kevin Dyson finish and couldn’t get a Hail Mary pass over the goal line. Stopped at the 1.

I was at that game as well, standing in the back of the end zone with BRaiderDave when King came up a yard short and even came out of his shoe too. His domestic violence issue cost him and he ended up at Delta State after Stock booted him. One of Stock’s “Last Chance U” type guys from Garden City CC out in Kansas.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT