Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12

Rice at WKU (ESPN+) 1 pm
Charlotte at Middle Tennessee (ESPN3) 2:30 pm
North Texas at UAB (Stadium) 2:30 pm
LA Tech at UTSA (ESPN+) 2:30 pm
Florida Atlantic at FIU (Stadium) 6 pm

Blue Raiders take 2 of the last 3 at home to hit bowl eligibility. Season objective met.
A poster on the cusa message board posted these bowl projections...

Middle Tennessee (12/14)

Cure Bowl (Orlando, FL - Fri. 12/16)
- vs. Appalachian State (Last Word On Sports)

Lending Tree Bowl (Mobile, AL - Sat. 12/17)
- vs. South Alabama (USA Today)
- vs. Southern Miss (24/7 Sports|CBS Sports)

New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque, NM - Sat. 12/17)
- vs. San Jose State (College Football Madness)

Myrtle Beach Bowl (Conway, SC - Mon. 12/19)
- vs. East Carolina (ESPN-Schlabach)
- vs. Georgia Southern (Athlon)

Boca Raton Bowl (Boca Raton, FL - Tues. 12/20)
- vs. East Carolina (The Sporting News)

New Orleans Bowl (New Orleans, LA - Wed. 12/21)
- vs. Troy (The Athletic)

Hawaii Bowl (Honolulu, HI - Sat. 12/24)
- vs. San Jose State (Action Network|College Football News)

Camellia Bowl (Montgomery, AL - Tues. 12/27)
- vs. Appalachian State (ESPN-Bonagura)

I don't see a win in any of those against those projected opponents, especially not how MT has been playing.
We may get to six wins but will any be against teams with winning records? If MT gets to a bowl we'll likely end with a loss and a losing season.

We talk about how important momentum is for us. A G5 school in SEC territory, in a state with two SEC schools. It's hard. And winning consistently is the biggest hurdle to fix this mess.

We beat Miami, lost 3. Yes the Canes are awful, but if we had continued to win, we still could've made it mean something. But nope.

Bowls. We have NEVER won two bowls in a row. Have a good off-season after a bowl win, finish next year with a winning record, and doink, bowl loss. Momentum killed. We need several good years in a row. Yes multiple 10 win seasons is really needed but even several bowl wins in a row will help. Sadly from that list and others I've see, it won't be easy.

I also think if we finish just 6-6, we could be left out. 82 spots, 51 teams already eligible. Have a feeling there will be more teams than bowls.

We talk about how important momentum is for us. A G5 school in SEC territory, in a state with two SEC schools. It's hard. And winning consistently is the biggest hurdle to fix this mess.

We beat Miami, lost 3. Yes the Canes are awful, but if we had continued to win, we still could've made it mean something. But nope.

Bowls. We have NEVER won two bowls in a row. Have a good off-season after a bowl win, finish next year with a winning record, and doink, bowl loss. Momentum killed. We need several good years in a row. Yes multiple 10 win seasons is really needed but even several bowl wins in a row will help. Sadly from that list and others I've see, it won't be easy.

I also think if we finish just 6-6, we could be left out. 82 spots, 51 teams already eligible. Have a feeling there will be more teams than bowls.
Momentum is EVERYTHING. And for MT FB, it seems like it's a continuous cycle of 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Yes, facilities are an issue (that should change soon). Yes, recruiting is an issue (facilities should help with that).

And, on top of that, Stockstill looks DEFEATED. I get that football is an emotional game. I get that losses are emotional. But Stock isn't the same guy who took the job 15 years ago. Early in his tenure, Stock took the loses as "Hey, we didn't play well enough...I didn't coach well enough, etc..." Now, it's a steady stream of "hey these players got hurt...We had these players out with injuries..."

I don't doubt the impact of injuries, but he doesn't seem to be the same guy who took the job 15 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Stockstill looks DEFEATED. I get that football is an emotional game. I get that losses are emotional. But Stock isn't the same guy who took the job 15 years ago. Early in his tenure, Stock took the loses as "Hey, we didn't play well enough...I didn't coach well enough, etc..." Now, it's a steady stream of "hey these players got hurt...We had these players out with injuries..."

I don't doubt the impact of injuries, but he doesn't seem to be the same guy who took the job 15 years ago.
He should look defeated. He ain't getting it done.

Momentum is EVERYTHING. And for MT FB, it seems like it's a continuous cycle of 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Yes, facilities are an issue (that should change soon). Yes, recruiting is an issue (facilities should help with that).

And, on top of that, Stockstill looks DEFEATED. I get that football is an emotional game. I get that losses are emotional. But Stock isn't the same guy who took the job 15 years ago. Early in his tenure, Stock took the loses as "Hey, we didn't play well enough...I didn't coach well enough, etc..." Now, it's a steady stream of "hey these players got hurt...We had these players out with injuries..."

He may not be the same guy from 15 years ago, but neither are the fans.

Went from college students who cared very little to adults who actually understand how horrible he is. As they matured personally and professionally, came to understand when someone is not getting the job done and the repercussions if they were doing that poorly.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
I don’t feel like creating a new thread but this is probably one of the coolest drone footages I’ve seen at a football game.

A poster on the cusa message board posted these bowl projections...

Middle Tennessee (12/14)

Cure Bowl (Orlando, FL - Fri. 12/16)
- vs. Appalachian State (Last Word On Sports)

Lending Tree Bowl (Mobile, AL - Sat. 12/17)
- vs. South Alabama (USA Today)
- vs. Southern Miss (24/7 Sports|CBS Sports)

New Mexico Bowl (Albuquerque, NM - Sat. 12/17)
- vs. San Jose State (College Football Madness)

Myrtle Beach Bowl (Conway, SC - Mon. 12/19)
- vs. East Carolina (ESPN-Schlabach)
- vs. Georgia Southern (Athlon)

Boca Raton Bowl (Boca Raton, FL - Tues. 12/20)
- vs. East Carolina (The Sporting News)

New Orleans Bowl (New Orleans, LA - Wed. 12/21)
- vs. Troy (The Athletic)

Hawaii Bowl (Honolulu, HI - Sat. 12/24)
- vs. San Jose State (Action Network|College Football News)

Camellia Bowl (Montgomery, AL - Tues. 12/27)
- vs. Appalachian State (ESPN-Bonagura)

I don't see a win in any of those against those projected opponents, especially not how MT has been playing.
We may get to six wins but will any be against teams with winning records? If MT gets to a bowl we'll likely end with a loss and a losing season.
I don’t feel like creating a new thread but this is probably one of the coolest drone footages I’ve seen at a football game.
The ESPN crew was testing their drone last night when we did walk-through with the team at Liberty Bowl Stadium for the game tonight. Pretty cool stuff.

UAB beat UNT so it'll come down to the last week for it to be between UNT or WKU vs UTSA for the champ.

UNT has Rice left, WKU has FAU (and Auburn first)
UNT holds the head to head over WKU.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT