ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB vs Memphis. 5PM, Monday, November 6, 2023

Massive home opener. Memphis ended up having a great year last season. A win would be a great start to the year. Also, I'm so glad all of our games - minus the Bahamas tournament - will be on at least ESPN+ this year. Really helps as a fan living several hundred miles away!

One thing of note -- there is no more "box" under the basket for charges/blocks. It is ONLY the cylinder directly under the basket hoop itself for WBB now, starting this year. The painted circle no longer applies.

Lessons from first half...

1. Gregory needs to be much quicker if she's being doubled. Had at least 3 turnovers leading to points.
2. Boldyreva is pretty darn good... maybe more than just "pretty darn"
3. Slowing the pace a bit is going to be key right away. We get out too fast and get out of control.
4. Scott is a tremendous rebounder; Grabovskaia too.
5. We are pretty good. Should win this game going away in second.

Reactions: tyler90wm
Also, Colorado up on LSU at halftime... hope they win after the way they beat us bad in the NCAAs last year... would make it sting a little less

Didn't play a great game offensively especially from 3, but still a very nice win! Just keep getting it to Boldyreva & we'll be alright

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Didn't play a great game offensively especially from 3, but still a very nice win! Just keep getting it to Boldyreva & we'll be alright
She could get 30+ every night if we throw it into her every possession. The great thing about this win was we stunk it up from 3 and still won by 20 over a good Memphis team. Last year I'm not sure that would have happened.

Is the FIU transfer hurt or not eligible? CRI gonna have to play more than 6 players. Long season.

Is the FIU transfer hurt or not eligible? CRI gonna have to play more than 6 players. Long season.
This bugs me to no end about CRI. I love McDevit’s comment about going 10 deep. He said when we ask them to play as hard as we do, we need to play deep into the bench. Think this is part of the reason the women get blown out in the NCAA…they are just worn out.

3-19 from distance at home for such a seasoned team is somewhat unnerving. Not sure if it was from exhaustion due to no breaks, or the fact this squad feels so much pressure from coach to perform it affects their team shooting. Shane Falco called it quicksand.

Reactions: Hop45
This bugs me to no end about CRI. I love McDevit’s comment about going 10 deep. He said when we ask them to play as hard as we do, we need to play deep into the bench. Think this is part of the reason the women get blown out in the NCAA…they are just worn out.
100%, it’s Insell’s typical pattern. We have a bench, we should use it whenever we can

If I was being recruited and did not feel I was "special" in CRI's eyes, I would never come here just to rot on the bench.

3-19 from distance at home for such a seasoned team is somewhat unnerving. Not sure if it was from exhaustion due to no breaks, or the fact this squad feels so much pressure from coach to perform it affects their team shooting. Shane Falco called it quicksand.
I thought Memphis defended the 3 ball pretty well. We didn't have many uncontested shots from deep.

Unless someone else can hit 3's, Jalynn is not going to get any open looks. Jada is a good shooter, but who knows when we get her back. Gracie Dodgen may be the best we have, but he's not going to play her. Everyone one else is really inconsistent.

Memphis took UT to overtime today and came up just short. We can beat the Vols down in Huntsville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT