ADVERTISEMENT

BB RECRUITING Visiting Recruits this Weekend

Hayes was the #7 overall recruit, 5 stars, in the 2017 class! Welcome to MT, Anastasia!! Blue is a great color.

Hayes has played one season (2017-18). She should have 3 years of eligibility remaining.

Last edited:
Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but just wondering from someone closer to the Riverdale program and the Hayes family.
From what I have heard this family of young ladies are all good prospects. Are all of them D-1 prospects? What are our chances for the younger family members? Has Anastasia learned what she should from the dismissal at UT-K (have no idea the issue and is not relevant to this discussion)? Lastly and most importantly, somewhere IIRC I heard that the family is somewhat "too involved" with these young ladies basketball careers. Have appropriate measures been taken to insure this does not become a problem?

Guess if we are going to take a chance on a player this is they type to do it with since she was a 5* and ranked so high nationally when she signed.

Reactions: Hop45 and MTOleBlue
Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but just wondering from someone closer to the Riverdale program and the Hayes family.
From what I have heard this family of young ladies are all good prospects. Are all of them D-1 prospects? What are our chances for the younger family members? Has Anastasia learned what she should from the dismissal at UT-K (have no idea the issue and is not relevant to this discussion)? Lastly and most importantly, somewhere IIRC I heard that the family is somewhat "too involved" with these young ladies basketball careers. Have appropriate measures been taken to insure this does not become a problem?

Here younger sister already committed earlier. I think its worth the risk.

We should be well-staffed in the guard department for the next several years. Hopefully we can get/continue some great post play as well.

I just saw a tweet by Anastasia Hayes father. Sorry, I don't know how to post a picture. The father is surrounded by all four of his girls in Lady Raider uniforms. He is in the middle holding a basketball. Looks like we are in on the whole group. I hear the youngest, who will be a freshman at Riverdale this year, is the best of the bunch.

Reactions: MTLynn
Hopefully all the girls will be major contributors...something is happening with Lady Raider Basketball, I feel like we are getting "it" back.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I am assuming a lot of this has to do with Matt. While we've recruited decent over the past few years, we are obviously getting a far better player to visit and commit.

I am assuming a lot of this has to do with Matt. While we've recruited decent over the past few years, we are obviously getting a far better player to visit and commit.
Certainly seems like the recruiting successes started with him joining the staff.

We should have a lot more athleticism this year and in the near future. That should allow us to be highly competitive in CUSA and nationally.

Speaking of wide loads, I thought Meadows left the team during the season last year.
She was injured most of the year (expected that much, honestly) and never saw time. Wouldn't surprise me, though I don't remember the exact timing of her disappearing off the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT