ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL vandy coach most recent comments on playing MT

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Tennessean article, excerpt:

...Playing Midstate foes Belmont (RPI 60) and Middle Tennessee State (RPI 35) helped Vanderbilt finish with a No. 1 ranked nonconference strength of schedule, and Drew said the Commodores will honor both home-and-home contracts.

Vanderbilt beat Belmont 80-66 at Memorial Gym in what Drew called “our best nonconference crowd all year.” The Commodores will play at Belmont’s Curb Event Center next season to finish the two-game contract.

Vanderbilt lost 71-48 at MTSU’s Murphy Center to begin a three-game contract. The Commodores will host the Blue Raiders in each of the next two seasons.

“(Belmont and MTSU) were really good teams, and they will be really good teams next year, too,” Drew said. “After these series are done, we will evaluate it and see if it was good for both schools and good for the city and go from there.” .....

200.webp

I think we all know what this means.

I don't envy Kermit's battle in scheduling but we don't need Vandy. Maybe we could do our best to schedule Big East schools.

Reactions: bluefutcpa
That old refrain of "nothing to gain" in playing MT in basketball is just a load of bull. It is easily argued that MT's high RPI helped Vandy with their high RPI and ooc sos.

From what I understand, a loss on the road to a high RPI does not really hurt your RPI and case. Losing at home can hurt...maybe even vs a high RPI. Maybe that's what Vandy is scared about, 2 upcoming seasons of potentially losing at home vs MT?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT