ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Vanderbilt

MTOleBlue

All American
Gold Member
Sep 30, 2015
First game of the year tomorrow at home vs the Commodores. Hope everyone is planning to come out. Friday night, Raider hoops, chance to beat an SEC school at home (and we should)!

I think the first half really showed our abilities if we can get firing on all cylinders. Could be a good year ahead, especially if we play like we did in that first half for the rest of the year. Consistency needed! Gotta keep feeding AJ in the post, and get Jess going on the wing. How about the crowd? Almost 8000 announced attendance.

... How about the crowd? Almost 8000 announced attendance.

Actually, I was a little disappointed, but both teams are coming off sub par seasons and both off embarassing losses, so I understand not meeting my expectations. Not anywhere in the neighborhood of announced. Maybe the case could be made for 5K actual. IIRC the bowl seats about 5600 and there more than enough seats that were empty below track level to have comfortably take any that sat in bleachers and have stretch out room with remaining empty seats.

Regarding the crowd. We had long ago made plans that caused us to miss last nights game. We gave our tickets to a friend and went to an event in Nashville. We were able to listen to WGNS part of the way in, but lost the signal. I looked up and found a Vandy station. At some point in the first quarter the announcers commented that there was a nice opening night crowd, maybe 2,500 or so. I thought that sounded low.

Regarding the crowd. We had long ago made plans that caused us to miss last nights game. We gave our tickets to a friend and went to an event in Nashville. We were able to listen to WGNS part of the way in, but lost the signal. I looked up and found a Vandy station. At some point in the first quarter the announcers commented that there was a nice opening night crowd, maybe 2,500 or so. I thought that sounded low.
Yeah they’re used to nobody showing up to their games, so they don’t know what nice crowds look like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT