ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL TSSAA Football Championships

RaiderDawg78

All American
Sep 7, 2005
Just saw a news blurb about the upcoming TSSAA Board of Control Meeting. On the agenda, I saw this...

"TSSAA Football Championships Bid Proposals

Football bid packages were sent out in August to every city that expressed interest in hosting the BlueCross Bowl football championship games beginning
in 2017 through 2020. The staff did site visits in three cities. Two of those submitted proposals for consideration. Both Clarksville and Cookeville will present their proposals to the Board.

Clarksville – 1:30

Cookeville – 2:00
"

Has MT given up on hosting the football championship again?

Would it interfere with a C-USA Championship game?

I would assume Bowling Green has enough hotels that no overflow is needed in Nashville or M'boro.

In all seriousness, it is the same weekend. Because I don't expect MT to play in it, I never thought of that. You are right, Massaro is probably holding out hope.

Reactions: T2Tool
Just saw a news blurb about the upcoming TSSAA Board of Control Meeting. On the agenda, I saw this...

"TSSAA Football Championships Bid Proposals

Football bid packages were sent out in August to every city that expressed interest in hosting the BlueCross Bowl football championship games beginning
in 2017 through 2020. The staff did site visits in three cities. Two of those submitted proposals for consideration. Both Clarksville and Cookeville will present their proposals to the Board.

Clarksville – 1:30

Cookeville – 2:00
"

Has MT given up on hosting the football championship again?
The city of Murfreesboro does the bidding not MT

Reactions: AustinLewis
And the FB championship is not nearly as lucrative for a city as is either the BkB St. Tourney or Spring Fling. Vast majority of FB fans don't spend one red cent in the city other than tickets and concessions. In and out.

And, IIRC, only one time several years ago did a recruit say he became interested in MT because of playing here. Does very little to showcase either the school or the athletic program.

True, but MT would need to be willing to allow the games at Floyd. M'boro isn't going to bid to host the football championships at a HS.
This is true. If I recall correctly Murfreesboro lost the championship games because the city got a little cocky and didnt bid enough thinking it would just stay here and then Cookeville swooped in with a higher bid

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT