ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Trip to Italy

I wonder if they will do any recruiting...
It's possible I suppose. I just hope there are no injuries. It always seems that something happens during these events that we suffer a season ending injury to a key guy, or maybe it just seems that way.

Reactions: MTFAN61
In the last post about Jordan which came out 2-3 weeks ago it stated that while he was practicing he was not participating in contact drills yet. He would have been my biggest concern for injury. I anticipate he'll be on the sideline this weekend.

Is Jared Coleman-Jones still on the team? He is not in any of the photos in Italy.

Just checked the men's roster report. The men's media roster postings are usually spot on & immediate about any roster updates or changes. Glad to report Coleman-Jones photo is still in place with the rest of the team. Hopefully this is all still correct, & could be the situation sWiley mentioned or possibly an illness developed during travel. 🤞

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Nice interview for those interested with Chip Walter's on live remote from Rome during the George Plaster Show August 16th. Joined by Kelly Holcomb. Discussed flight over, time in Italy so far, the 2 upcoming games, & some MT football.

Nice interview for those interested with Chip Walter's on live remote from Rome during the George Plaster Show August 16th. Joined by Kelly Holcomb. Discussed flight over, time in Italy so far, the 2 upcoming games, & some MT football.
about the 1:00 mark

Glad to hear Chip acknowledging that Liberty being in the conference will force everyone else to start investing in their facilities.

Reactions: SubwayAlumni
Saw the post about tomorrow's 11:00 am game in Italy. Any word if there will be any live video feeds or postings as game goes along?
Was hoping George Plaster would asked Chip Walters that question in his interview, but never came up.

Has anyone heard what's up with Coleman-Jones yet? He's clearly not in Italy with the team.

I know there's very few comments because there's so little to say, other than crap like this makes you so angry. A young man full of talent & athleticism who gets free college, travel, food, camaraderie & fellowship of his fellow teammates. But all that is just not enough. "I need to see if the stranger over there has some extra coke I can score. That'll go great with my bag of weed in my pocket." Then gets caught running from the scene, thrown to the ground while resisting arrest, & didn't even get that one snort. Damn.
All you can think or say is, "what the hell man??" If his bag was over an ounce in Tennessee it represents a felony, & that would probably be all she wrote for Jared's career anywhere.

Reactions: Hop45
55-27 Raiders at the half. Didn't realize Tre Green was red-shirted last year. Thought he just didn't have the talent to get on the floor. Correction: Green has the talent, & will definitely be on the floor this year. Very athletic & a better shooter than I thought coming in
Obviously the Raiders have the size & talent edge hear. The competition isn't close to what they'll be facing this fall, but you can see these guys have fun together & enjoy playing the game. Even without Lawrence & Lenard we still have lots of athletes out there. As he gets in better shape the big transfer from Iowa is an absolute space eater with some moves. He will really help to solidify our interior.
Liked it when one of the guys made Chip laugh while recording the game. You can hear a player saying to a ref in an Italian dialect, "I'm a sorry!" Funny stuff.

Quick shout out of thanks to Chip Walter's for the hard work on the hand held video feed & accompanying audio for the 2 games in Italy. Could tell good times were had there, but could also imagine it included a lot of solitary work on your part. Good job.

Quick shout out of thanks to Chip Walter's for the hard work on the hand held video feed & accompanying audio for the 2 games in Italy. Could tell good times were had there, but could also imagine it included a lot of solitary work on your part. Good job.
I understand Chip paid his own way. I appreciate his treating it like a typical work trip to the extent that he could.

I understand Chip paid his own way

Pretty pitiful if you ask me. He already does so much for our University and you know they pay him so little for what he brings to the table. Nevermind the fact he's already helped raise over 250k for the Build Blue campaign and he can't even get an extra seat to travel with the team. Pathetic.

Pretty pitiful if you ask me. He already does so much for our University and you know they pay him so little for what he brings to the table. Nevermind the fact he's already helped raise over 250k for the Build Blue campaign and he can't even get an extra seat to travel with the team. Pathetic.
I understand the sentiment, but I don't think the PBP guy normally goes on these summer trips. I would think this was something looked like a bucket list item for him since it was his first trip to Europe.

I can relate because back over 2 decades ago, I went to Australia for a business trip for a week then I squeezed in a weeks' vacation to stay and see some sites before I came home and I paid for those expenses that week out of my own pocket.

Reactions: ewglenn and MTLynn
I understand the sentiment, but I don't think the PBP guy normally goes on these summer trips. I would think this was something looked like a bucket list item for him since it was his first trip to Europe.

I can relate because back over 2 decades ago, I went to Australia for a business trip for a week then I squeezed in a weeks' vacation to stay and see some sites before I came home and I paid for those expenses that week out of my own pocket.
I’m sure we paid him for the work he did there just not the travel. I’m doing a business trip in a few months to Mexico but the company isn’t paying for me staying in a 5star resort. I spent the money to make it a mini vacation on top of the work. I have to do.

Wait, you could listen to the games??? Are they archived???
Just scroll up to Oliver's post dated Saturday 1:07 pm, & click on Chip's Facebook info highlighted in blue. He has a number of postings with audio. Nice job on his part for something done on the fly by cell phone.

Looking forward to this fall. Amazing to see Elias King's development from where he was at originally stepping on campus to now. Could see him as the team's mvp by end of year. Think we could have up to 3 double digit scorers in King, Porter, & Weston this year. Appears Porter's ready to make that next step. And multiple players in the 6-8 point range. Would like some clarification on Tre Green. I heard Chip say he was red-shirted last year, which would classify him as a red-shirt freshman. However the roster report has him strictly listed as a sophomore & no word of a red-shirt season. Nonetheless he looked good on video, & should be a young & talented contributor.
Wouldn't be surprised if play time for Jordan isn't curtailed until maybe 8-10 games into the season since contact drills with other players haven't started yet. More important to have his knee right for conference & tournament season than rathet risk stressing it early on.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Pogue had coach on 560 WNSR for an interview today about the Italy trip. Mostly spoke about what an enjoyable trip it was. Best take away, when asked how did the team play Nick replied he liked two things. How well the team played together & the unselfish play of everyone. The only negative he saw was in game one when the opponent switched to zone the Raiders reacted sluggish, but said it was understandable due to the fact they had yet to practice against a zone.
Also was asked about the portal. From my interpretation his comments were that players are still out there which allows the teams seeking players to be more selective in their picks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT