ADVERTISEMENT

The hits keep coming....Netori Johnson no longer on roster

sWiley

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2012
I didn't see this discussed previously, but Netori Johnson is gone.

Declared for the NFL Draft on January 9th

Are we going to have a team next year? I'm not sure if we will return a single starter to our OL. Maybe the Center.

Such a shame too. We would have had a loaded team going into 2022 season if people stuck around.

We need a website that tracks the number of D1 transfers per school per year. Incoming and outgoing. We have to be losing more than most, especially starters / key contributors. I don't care about 3rd stringers leaving. Seems like so many starters/key contributors are transferring. Is this happening at other schools too?

I didn't see this discussed previously, but Netori Johnson is gone.

Declared for the NFL Draft on January 9th

Are we going to have a team next year? I'm not sure if we will return a single starter to our OL. Maybe the Center.

Such a shame too. We would have had a loaded team going into 2022 season if people stuck around.

We need a website that tracks the number of D1 transfers per school per year. Incoming and outgoing. We have to be losing more than most, especially starters / key contributors. I don't care about 3rd stringers leaving. Seems like so many starters/key contributors are transferring. Is this happening at other schools too?
welp he may get a UDFA

Can a player be recruited by another school to lure them to the transfer portal?

Can a coach or booster contact a kid on another school's roster and declare that if they enter the portal, they are 99% guaranteed that they will have a position at another school?

Can a player be recruited by another school to lure them to the transfer portal?

Can a coach or booster contact a kid on another school's roster and declare that if they enter the portal, they are 99% guaranteed that they will have a position at another school?

Coaches cannot contact players on another roster until they enter the portal.

They can, however, send messages through back channels.

ie. Jurriente Davis leaves MT for JSU. JSU coaches tell Jurriente Davis that so and so could come start at JSU or so and so can get an NIL deal at JSU, Jurriente Davis then relays that message to so and so while he's still on the MT roster. Completely legal. Unethical as hell, but happening across the country.

Reactions: mtfblue
That's exactly what's happening. Like Lincoln Riley said. "I didn't pull players from Oklahoma. I pulled players from the portal" Bull hockey. Yeah he may bot have, but I guarantee he told someone who told someone who told the player who told someone who told Lincoln.

So I think that's 8 or 9 starters we have lost to the transfer portal.

That has to be one of the most losses in the country to the transfer portal. No joke.

Ugh. It was already hard enough for a school like MT to build a quality roster. It's basically impossible now.

Maybe CRS can be kind of like John Calipari and make MT known for fielding a team of one and dones each year. "Come play with us and we'll give you the opportunity to transfer out to a better school. Look at the list of schools we've had players transfer to." College athletics ain't what they used to be. There had to have been a better way to pay the players and have more parity.

We are a glorified JUCO now.

And I use the term glorified loosely.

Reactions: MTLynn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT