ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL The CSU picks are in!

I have a bad feeling. Homecoming. Fireworks, And Stockstill.

Bad guys come in and take MT to the woodshed. 42-28. Late meaningless score to make it close.

Colorado State is no fcs squad coming in for a pay day.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong. Need a win going into that pesthole bowling green just 5 days later.

No injuries please.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer

Bad guys come in and take MT to the woodshed. 42-28. Late meaningless score to make it close.

Colorado State is no fcs squad coming in for a pay day.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong. Need a win going into that pesthole bowling green just 5 days later.

No injuries please.

100%.

We've all seen this movie before. Groundhog Day.

• Sad
Reactions: Hop45
Still not sure how Raiders won last year. I think luck runs out. CSU 41-17

Not to get Wiley fired up again, but our DBs will NOT be able to handle the CSU WRs. Their WRs are too good and will either get separation and make catches or our DBs will get grabby and have a TON of DPI. Either way, CSU moves the ball and scores a lot. 45-17 CSU. Would LOVE to be wrong.

Last year we jumped out to a 34-0 lead. I can see them repaying the favor this year in the exact same sort of way.

They had one of the worst offenses in the country last year. We sacked their QB nine times. They haven't had that many sacks against in two games against P5 defenses. So, that's not going to be the case this time around. They have also found their QB. Ironically a guy we recruited who threw his first career TD against us last year in mop up pre-red shirt duty.

This isn't the same team. It's not too difficult to see a loss here. It's not even too difficult to see a blowout loss.

Reactions: ewglenn
I agree. I could see them come in here and really whip us.

Our guys better be ready to play. We will not win this game without lots of explosive plays and winning the turnover battle.

No idea.

CSU put up a spirited fight last week vs CU, and I could see this being the let down game. OTOH, they look improved, and Novell is a coach with a solid track record.

I'm not entirely sure we know what we are. Bama was a mismatch blowout, we fought well in a moral victory vs Mizzou, and it sounds like we sleepwalked through an opponent we should have blown off the field last week vs Murray. Which MT shows up?

I think we win. Mostly because I think CSU spent a lot of emotion and energy last week. I think we come out focused after a bit of a let down vs Murray. Not confident in this at all.

MT 35
CSU 31

Not to get Wiley fired up again, but our DBs will NOT be able to handle the CSU WRs. Their WRs are too good and will either get separation and make catches or our DBs will get grabby and have a TON of DPI. Either way, CSU moves the ball and scores a lot. 45-17 CSU. Would LOVE to be wrong.

A little ahead of you my friend. Read reply #4 in the game-day thread.

I completely agree about their WR's whipping us. Only way we slow them down is if our front 7 completely dominates. Which is possible, but will be hard to do for 4 quarters.

Only way I see us winning this game is with explosive plays and winning the turnover battle.

A little ahead of you my friend. Read reply #4 in the game-day thread.

I completely agree about their WR's whipping us. Only way we slow them down is if our front 7 completely dominates. Which is possible, but will be hard to do for 4 quarters.

Only way I see us winning this game is with explosive plays and winning the turnover battle.
Oh, I knew I was repeating what you had already said. Watching their 2 big, fast WRs against CU did not give me much hope for this weekend. Now, if they come out and just try to run the ball down our throats, we have a chance.

My brain kept telling to leave midway through 2nd half. My heart didn't listen. Stayed til time ran out, though I conveniently positioned myself for a hasty retreat.

Hope is a good thing, except when you're an abused and frustrated old Blue Raider fan.

I cussed at every fireworks explosion on the way to the car.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
My brain kept telling to leave midway through 2nd half. My heart didn't listen. Stayed til time ran out, though I conveniently positioned myself for a hasty retreat.

Hope is a good thing, except when you're an abused and frustrated old Blue Raider fan.

I cussed at every fireworks explosion on the way to the car.
You have to wonder what this staff does at halftime. Anytime we’re in a competitive game, CRS and Co get exposed in the 3rd qtr.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
You have to wonder what this staff does at halftime. Anytime we’re in a competitive game, CRS and Co get exposed in the 3rd qtr.
THIS!!!! Every single game against any team with a pulse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT