ADVERTISEMENT

Ted Cruz Says Donald Trump Won’t be Nominee, Predicts his Supporters will Back him

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
BBJ, I agree with Cruz that Trump won't be the nominee but only time will tell as to who does get it.

GOP presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz has made it a point not to slam fellow Republican Donald Trump during what’s turned into an insane — and quite entertaining — primary race, citing Ronald Reagan’s “11th Commandment” as a reason for staying out of the fray.

Since he’s avoided attacking “The Donald,” many of Trump’s supporters also favor Cruz quite a bit, but after what he recently said about the real estate mogul, that might start changing.

Cruz spoke in an interview saying he didn’t think Trump would end up being the nominee and that many of his current supporters would jump ship and take a little #CountryCruz with the Texas senator.

Check this out.

From IJReview:

Cruz told WABC’s Rita Cosby that not only will Trump fail to become the nominee, but that Cruz himself will win over the Trump followers:

“I think in time, I don’t believe Donald is going to be the nominee and I think, in time, the lion’s share of his supporters end up with us.”

Cruz explained why:

“I think the reason is what I was just saying, that if you look to the records of all the Republican candidates there’s a big difference between my record and that of everyone else if you ask, who has stood up to Washington?

Cruz also went on to tout his well established record for not only being fearless in his opposition to Democrats, but to the leaders and career politicians in his own party.

“Who’s taken on not just Democrats, but taken on leaders in their own party? Republican leadership, whether was leading the fight to stop Obamacare? Whether it was leading the fight to stop executive amnesty? Or actually, just going back to last week. You know at the last Republican debate in California, every Republican candidate stood up there and said, ‘we need to defund Planned Parenthood.’ But last week, when we had an epic drag down fight in Washington, not one of them showed up.”

I’m sure many on the Trump train will get their dander up over what Cruz said, but it’s important to note he didn’t slam the guy personally, instead opting to draw attention to the fact “The Donald” doesn’t have an established, proven record of standing on conservative principles.

That’s not a dig, that’s the truth.

Now just because he doesn’t have this record doesn’t mean he wouldn’t do exactly what he says he’d do. Trump may very well be reformed in his political views on many issues, but at the moment, it’s just talk. We can’t look back at his past and see well established actions taken to defend liberty and sound economic principles.

Cruz, on the other hand, does have such a record, and that’s why he continues to use his “resume” as a means of demonstrating to others he says what he means and means what he says.

I’m not Trump trashing, just stating the facts.

I also readily acknowledge Cruz too could be a lot of talk and not a lot of action — it’s hard to trust any politician these days, even the good ones — but his previously mentioned record makes that highly unlikely.

When it comes crunch time, will Trump have done enough to convince people he’ll keep his word, despite not having an in-depth wealth of experience in standing on conservative principles and win the nomination?

We’ll just have to wait and see!

http://www.youngcons.com/ted-cruz-s...ominee-predicts-his-supporters-will-back-him/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT