ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS State Legislature busts up TBOR

Hopefully this will be good for us since we always got the short end of the straw from TBOR.

I haven't checked those numbers recently, but I know that was the case for years. From what I understood, MT was terribly under represented on the TBOR as well. I don't know if it's passed the Senate or not, but I'm really hopeful that this is a big change for the university that has the potential to really help MT in numerous ways over the years to come. A much needed change. One that the govt might have actually gotten right for a rare change.

Reactions: MTLynn
Near certainty Haslem will sign if he hasn't already since this is a key policy agenda he has been pushing. Now for the next step that requires attention: the appointment of the board members.

This could continue to be good news if MT affiliated pro-MT type people are appointed to the MT board.

Article in this morning's Tennessean gives the list of 16 members of TSU's committee to lead the transition. I sincerely doubt MT can come up with an equally impressive list of individuals. We'll see.

Wonder if McPhee just plans to wing it on his own?

Article in this morning's Tennessean gives the list of 16 members of TSU's committee to lead the transition. I sincerely doubt MT can come up with an equally impressive list of individuals. We'll see.

Wonder if McPhee just plans to wing it on his own?

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ers-guide-tsus-transition-new-board/83233272/

I'm not sure who on that list really 'impresses' - for me its a big yawn

"...About half of the team members are TSU graduates. Glover said their status as alumni would ensure the committee was invested in the transition process..."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT