ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Miss vs La Tech

14-3 now.

FAU is up over ODU with the same score too. 14-3. It's looking like we may only have 5 bowl teams.

BTW, LaTech can't say crap about our attendance. Lots of empty bleachers. There were more than a few at WKU yesterday too. WTH? Your teams are playing for the title and no full house?

USM just got the ball back BTW.

my impression is that usm signed a lot of juco and transfer players the last couple of years. Not sure, but I believe that usm, latech, marshall, and wky are able to signed players whose academics are somewhat shakey but MT doesn't because of the apr fiasco under mccollum years ago. Quick rise from the depths and i suspect that explains usm's success this season.

I would agree with that Space.

What I don't agree with is USM going for the TD with 2 seconds left in the half. Take the FG and go into the locker room up 17. Now, you give La Tech some hope now and their DL hitman comes back for the second half after sitting out the first half due to targeting.

Also, La Tech's stadium is ugly as sin. Wow. They talk crap about ours?

USM fans should remain a bit humble right now...they came back from the dead but I have a feeling WKU will not play as bad as LT.

If we were playing a home game the Saturday after thanksgiving with a trip to the conference championship game on the line, how many would we draw? I would guess 18-20k, unless we were undefeated or ranked or something crazy like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT