ADVERTISEMENT

Sen. Mike Lee: "This Moment Seems to Have Been Tailor-made for Ted Cruz"

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
Utah Sen. Mike Lee told Charlie Sykes he believes this critical moment in American history was made for his friend and colleague Ted Cruz.

"It's been a very long time since we've had a chance to elect a president with such a sound understanding of the Constitution. It couldn't come at a more timely moment in American history. This moment seems to have been tailor-made for Ted Cruz," said Lee.

Lee said he supports Cruz because he is the only Republican left in the race who can beat both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. He also said Cruz is a friend who always tells the truth and always does what he says he's going to do.

As for Republican front runner Donald Trump, Lee told Sykes he has a lot of questions regarding Trump's views on the Constitution and limited government.

"I don't know where he stands on a whole host of issues, especially when it comes to the Constitution. I don't know where he stands on issues related to federalism or separation of powers, or the basic purpose of government. I also don't know where he stands on how far the enumerated powers of the federal government extend."

http://www.rightwisconsin.com/opini...t-seems-to-have-been-tailor-made-for-ted-cruz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT