ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL SBNation 2018 Preview: MT has speed, experience, identity, & a dark horse chance in the C-USA East

If Stockstill is healthy and remains healthy through season, MT can win conference.

Will also need to see some type of implosion from Kiffin and FAU.

Reactions: Hop45
The truth hurts. This one is just going to take time. It is getting better though.

Identity is important, and MTSU knows exactly what it is: fast, feisty, and undersized, more ninja than sumo. The Blue Raiders have almost no one above 280 pounds on the defensive line, their best defender is a 200-pound linebacker, and their best skill guy is listed at 5’9, 163 (which usually means he’s more like 5’8, 153). If you can get your hands on the Blue Raiders, they might not be able to respond.

DT Ja'Kerrius Wyatt, 6-3 - 312 lbs

DT - Rakavian Poydras, 6-1 - 303 lbs

DT - Aaron Griffith, 6-0 - 291 lbs

DT - Jordan James, 6-4 - 313 lbs

DT - Rosheem Collins, 6-1 - 313 lbs

Last time I checked, that's 5 players on the D line over 280. Ferguson and Nix are 285 so that's 7. :)

This is the biggest D-Line we've had in forever.

If Stockstill is healthy and remains healthy through season, MT can win conference.

Will also need to see some type of implosion from Kiffin and FAU.

The issue on offense is turnover margin...if we are even on Turnovers we win 10 games last year.

I think the D will be a bit better and if we can stay healthy on offense we will be fine. Now, we may start our 1-3, our schedule is front loaded, if we can find a way to be 3-3 after 6 games I see a strong finish.

I agree, Having VU, UGA and FAU in first 4 games is a tall order. Beating VU would define things for us but Mason knows the spread. Our D could and should contain better this year but we'll see. VU lost a lot of players including Sherfield and that pesky no.7 who I refuse to name. Without them, they'll be hurting.

Not one of those guys started on a regular basis to my knowledge. Manciel and Ferguson the last 4 or 5 games. That is probably what he is basing it on.

Well, 2 of those guys are JUCOs and will be in the rotation along with Nix and Poydras. This is the deepest we've been on DT maybe ever. Add Brady with Ferguson and we have a formidable DL. To me, it's all about the OL protecting Brent and run blocking up front. If we have that, we'll be just fine.

Reactions: Hop45 and MTLynn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT