ADVERTISEMENT

revitalization of poor neighborhoods EXPOSED!

ToddMalone

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2005
South Park and King of the Hill.

Both of these cartoons do a great job of exposing the collectivist brainwashing that has polluted the minds of so many Americans.

Be sure to watch this short clip of a South Park episode. It reminds me of several sections of Nashville -

"The real brilliance starts in episode 3, “The City Part of Town,” a gentrification fairy tale. The townspeople are desperate to improve South Park’s image as a backwards and old-fashioned. ... So they set off on a mission of hip modernization, which means transforming the poorest section of town — Kenny’s house, basically — into a new neighborhood called SodoSopa (short for South of Downtown South Park.) SodoSopa is hipster city planning run amok.

What an idiotic post. These things are driven by the market. When I flipped my house in Sylvan Heights it was because I knew the area was improving in terms of crime and the number of homes that were being bought and restored due to their location and nearness to things in town. There is no "collectivist agenda" going on here. People want to live in town, or mid-town and buy homes in these areas because of their potential and location. Contractors buy land and build condos because of the same reasons. This is the way most of the rest of the civilized world is in terms of real estate. The closer you are to downtown, the more expensive it is. It's not a plot. Good grief.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT