Report: Ted Cruz Wins New York City Straw Poll After ‘New York Values’ Comment

bigbadjohn45

All American
Jul 9, 2010
Report: Ted Cruz Wins New York City Straw Poll After ‘New York Values’ Comment
Ted-Cruz-in-NH-AP-640x480.jpg

AP

by ALEX SWOYER16 Jan 2016Washington, DC

GOP presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) won a prominent New York City straw poll” after commenting on “New York values.”

On Saturday the Resurgent posted on Twitter: “Ted Cruz Wins Prominent New York City Straw Poll AFTER Insulting ‘New York Values.'”

According to the Resurgent, The Metropolitan Republican Club in New York City held its straw poll after Cruz’s statements criticizing “New York Values,” and Cruz won first place.

GOP frontrunner Donald Trump said Cruz insulted New Yorkers when he criticized New York Values during the GOP debate on Thursday night in South Carolina.

Following the debate, Cruz said, “Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, and Andrew Cuomo and Bill de Blasio have all demanded an apology, and I’m happy to apologize.”

“I apologize to the millions of New Yorkers who have been let down by the liberal politicians in that state,” Cruz told reporters. “I apologize to all the cops and the firefighters and 9/11 heroes who had no choice but to stand and turn their backs on Mayor de Blasio because Mayor de Blasio over and over again stands with the looters and the criminals rather than the brave men and women of blue.”

Big Government, 2016 Presidential Race, Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, New York, new york values, Metropolitan Republican Club

Trump is a liberal, not a conservative.

During the 2012 campaign Donald Trump challenged Barack Obama to produce his birth certificate. He offered 5,000,000 dollars to see it. What seemed like an attack on Obama later turned out to be a farce. For right after the elections, Donald Trump sent a Tweet congratulating Obama on his victory, saying:

“I always Vote for the Winners. Congratulations to My Friend @BarackObama”

This tweet was later erased by Mr. Trump. Evidently he thought the internet forgets, the internet never forgets (see link below).

https://malaach.wordpress.com/2015/...vealing-he-voted-for-his-friend-barack-obama/

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
Trump is a liberal, not a conservative.

During the 2012 campaign Donald Trump challenged Barack Obama to produce his birth certificate. He offered 5,000,000 dollars to see it. What seemed like an attack on Obama later turned out to be a farce. For right after the elections, Donald Trump sent a Tweet congratulating Obama on his victory, saying:

“I always Vote for the Winners. Congratulations to My Friend @BarackObama”

This tweet was later erased by Mr. Trump. Evidently he thought the internet forgets, the internet never forgets (see link below).

https://malaach.wordpress.com/2015/...vealing-he-voted-for-his-friend-barack-obama/

"Trump is a liberal, not a conservative."

If you look at Trump's past, one can only conclude this.

BBJ, it's about time Levin and Limbaugh defend Cruz. Frankly, I can't believe they haven't called out Trump sooner (see below).

Levin: “I’m Sick and Tired of Stupid Talk!”

Four days since the debate and everyone is still talking about non-issues like Ted Cruz’s citizenship, his loan filing error, and “New York values.”

Editor-in-Chief Mark Levin advises conservatives not to get dragged into the media’s games or campaign squabbles, because he knows “if we do not nominate a solid conservative, we’re going to lose our country.”

He reminds the American people that this election is about them—not about Donald Trump, or Marco Rubio, or Ted Cruz, and goes on to ask—especially those furthering the “stupid talk”—a very serious and humbling question:

“Do we want to save the country or not?"

Levin reminds listeners not to forget who the real enemy is: The Democratic Party represented by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Sen. Ted Cruz was once unanimously considered a hero of conservatism, a fighter against the Establishment, only now to have his words twisted and to be cast as a foe.

Levin believes the American people don’t have to be dragged into such stupidity.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/01/levin-im-sick-and-tired-of-stupid-talk

Last edited:
BBJ, it's about time Levin and Limbaugh defend Cruz. Frankly, I can't believe they haven't called out Trump sooner (see below).

Levin: “I’m Sick and Tired of Stupid Talk!”

Four days since the debate and everyone is still talking about non-issues like Ted Cruz’s citizenship, his loan filing error, and “New York values.”

Editor-in-Chief Mark Levin advises conservatives not to get dragged into the media’s games or campaign squabbles, because he knows “if we do not nominate a solid conservative, we’re going to lose our country.”

He reminds the American people that this election is about them—not about Donald Trump, or Marco Rubio, or Ted Cruz, and goes on to ask—especially those furthering the “stupid talk”—a very serious and humbling question:

“Do we want to save the country or not?"

Levin reminds listeners not to forget who the real enemy is: The Democratic Party represented by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Sen. Ted Cruz was once unanimously considered a hero of conservatism, a fighter against the Establishment, only now to have his words twisted and to be cast as a foe.

Levin believes the American people don’t have to be dragged into such stupidity.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/01/levin-im-sick-and-tired-of-stupid-talk

Flash,

I agree with you about Trump's faux conservatism. The truth is getting out there about that. Again, just look at his past; it says it all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT