ADVERTISEMENT

FiveThirtyEight poll gives Cruz a 54% chance of winning Indiana

nashvillegoldenflash

Hall of Famer
Dec 10, 2006
According to FiveThirtyEight's latest polls-plus forecast, Ted Cruz has a 54% chance of winning the Indiana primary.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/primary-forecast/indiana-republican/

BBJ, I'm amazed that the Indiana primary is still close considering how liberal Trump is compared to Cruz. You wouldn't think that Trump's New York values would be appreciated in the Midwest but it just goes to show you how much of an effect Fox News has had in promoting Donald Trump.

Reactions: bigbadjohn45
According to FiveThirtyEight's latest polls-plus forecast, Ted Cruz has a 54% chance of winning the Indiana primary.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/primary-forecast/indiana-republican/

BBJ, I'm amazed that the Indiana primary is still close considering how liberal Trump is compared to Cruz. You wouldn't think that Trump's New York values would be appreciated in the Midwest but it just goes to show you how much of an effect Fox News has had in promoting Donald Trump.

Hope they're right. An endorsement from Ind. Gov. Pence wouldn't hurt either. along about this Thursday.

Regarding Fox News, I'm still shocked at what's happened to that network. It's as if they've sold their soul to the devil for 30 pieces of silver.

At any rate, yes, Indiana is crucial, and it's my understanding that Team Cruz has all-hands-on-deck for that one. Keep up the prayers for them, my friend. It ain't over 'till it's over....

Governor Pence, It’s Time to Take a Stand

The stakes of next week’s Republican primary contest in Indiana could not be much higher. A Ted Cruz victory could make it all but impossible for Donald Trump to secure the nomination outright. A Trump victory could make it all but impossible for him not to. A coordinated, all-out anti-Trump effort of the sort seen in Wisconsin is in order. And that means that, like Scott Walker in the Badger State, Indiana governor Mike Pence needs to step up.

Until now, Pence has been sitting on the sidelines in his home state, ostensibly disinclined to get entangled in a national race while facing a reelection battle for his own seat. But the case for Pence’s backing Cruz seems straightforward.

Pence is a reform-oriented, constitutional conservative who has been willing to buck his party’s leadership in the name of principle: As a first-term congressman in 2001, he voted against No Child Left Behind; two years later, he defied the Bush administration on Medicare Part D. Additionally, he has long been an outspoken social conservative. He is, in a word, a tea partier who predated the Tea Party. Ted Cruz was arguably the most Pence-like candidate in the field all along, and is certainly so now. And, of course, Cruz is the only non-Trump candidate with a plausible path to the nomination.

Furthermore, as a matter of self-interest, staying out of the race is unlikely to redound to Pence’s benefit. It’s almost certain that a significant number of Republican voters — exit polls in some states have suggested almost 40 percent — would stay home rather than vote for a Trump ticket in November, and those are voters Pence will need. The number of Trump voters who will not turn out for a non-Trump ticket is likely to be much lower. And there’s not much evidence that other anti-Trump governors — Walker, or Massachusetts’s Charlie Baker, who said in March that he would not vote for Trump in a general election — are suffering their constituents’ wrath.

And thinking even longer-term, should Republicans win back the White House this year, it’s not unrealistic to think that Pence could be a candidate for still higher office. He will not be remembered fondly for, by dint of inaction, helping to cede his state — and the 2016 GOP primary — to a populist who shares few of Pence’s principles and who, if current polls are any indication, would likely lose the White House, perhaps badly.

Wisconsin showed that a coordinated campaign behind Ted Cruz – one that includes elected officials – can help him immensely. Governor Pence should exhibit the leadership that conservatives have come to expect from him.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434581/mike-pence-ted-cruz

I'm done with Fox News

When Fox News debuted in 1996, it was a breath of fresh air, seemingly unadulterated by the leftist bias that had long characterized the three mainstream networks and CNN. But that initial commitment to balance has gone by the wayside, sacrificed on the altar of Donald Trump.

Fox News, as Mark Levin has observed, has become a Trump super-PAC instead of a news organization. From morning throughout the day and night, it is Trump, Trump, Trump.

Many of us who have depended on Fox for "fair and balanced" news feel betrayed. While Trump's rants at his rallies are a form of repetitive mass hypnosis of an angry public by a fraudster, Fox has set out to convince its viewers that Trump is a legitimate candidate, not a spoiler for Hillary – that he is a conservative when he is clearly not. His millions of supporters who have hitched their hopes for a better future, a return to American strength and values, to him will be sorely disappointed. Trump has no core values beyond his own ego and accumulated wealth.

Has Fox News changed its nature at the command of Rupert Murdoch or Roger Ailes? Are large amounts of money involved? Who knows?

Megyn Kelly sure got in trouble for challenging Trump and had to go grovel before him at Trump Tower. Now she is about to interview him; it will most likely be a carefully orchestrated love-fest. She has capitulated. Greta is clearly his good friend of long standing, so she will not address his candidacy honestly. Hannity has become, as one cartoonist drew it, Trump's ventriloquist's dummy. And Giuliani! What can one say about his support of Trump?

Meanwhile, O'Reilly speaks as though Trump is already the Republican nominee. Maybe he will be; maybe he will not. But he is not yet. These folks are betraying the country for the friendship of a rich celebrity.

So I am finished with Fox News. The channel has sold out to the lowest common denominator and actively sabotaged the one qualified candidate, the constitutional scholar, the Reaganesque guy. While I greatly respect Bret Baier, Catherine Herridge, Jennifer Griffin, and a few others, the rest of them can wallow in their Trumpaphilia to their hearts' content.

Sure, I will channel-surf and land upon them now and then, but for now, I will be going elsewhere for news. Fox will have the other candidates on as guests to make a show of being fair and balanced, but their hearts will not be in it. They will be followed by a Trump supporter – of that you can be sure.

There are now hundreds of other sources for news. One can access thousands of newspapers from around the world with the click of a mouse. I am sick to death of Fox News's non-stop promotion of Trump. A man who changes his mind on major and minor issues as other people change socks is not qualified to be our president. A man who spends most of every rally talking about how he is beating his opponents and not about any of the issues the nation faces is not qualified to be our president. A man who revels in insulting others in the crudest possible ways is not qualified to be our president. A man who knows absolutely nothing about foreign policy, the military, or how health care can be delivered is not qualified to be our president.

Trump has no core principles beyond his own wealth and promotion. Fox News has backed the wrong horse.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/04/im_done_with_fox_news.html

Fox Watch: So much for the No Spin Zone. Bill O'Reilly proclaimed last night that "all hell will break lose" if Donald Trump is not annointed at the Republican National Convention despite not reaching 1,237.

Quite frankly, Bill, hell has better things to do. Majorities matter in America, the cultish rantings of Trump mob will become as irrelevent as they are incoherent if the convention is contested, and the delegates who pay their own way to the convention don't fancy themselves as mere rubber stamps for crass reality tv stars.

Instead of journalism, O'Reilly is practicing jingoism with his insistance that a temper tantrum by a plurality is the Rosetta Stone for Election 2016. State by state, the delegate process is proving to be the true No Spin Zone as it vets the character and determination of each candidate while Trump apologists like O'Reilly insist on anti-Republican king making.

Why is it that everyone looks for a villian when things don't happen as planned.
Mike, do I detect an air of sarcasm there? Do you watch Fox News? Just curious.
I just messing with you guys. I don't watch much cable news anymore. Sometimes I catch the show called the "five" because I am at the gym at that time. That isn't network news.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT