ADVERTISEMENT

Ranked

Excellent news. Glad the whole nation's starting to feel this way. Have a feeling that part of our recent offensive difficulties stemmed from 2 things. #1 was seeing our own name pushing for top 25 status the last few weeks, & then finally achieving it last week. And #2 as a true top 25 team getting everyone's very best shot. There is a lot of self imposed pressure in that. After getting through that pressure last week I look forward to seeing if the ladies feel more comfortable & thinking to themselves this IS where we belong. And this IS who we are. Hopefully we're feeling more at ease in our new shoes & as fans we'll see a more complete team both offensively & defensively on the floor in the very near future. Even struggling a bit on offense we've shown to be dominant. Can't wait to see this team when they get back to shooting 3's the way they're capable!

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Tough three game road trip coming up. We come out of this 3-0 and likely find ourself back in the Top 25. More importantly, hopefully we get Courtney Whitson back (coach said she could have played Saturday had it been a tournament game) and get Kseniya back on track.

After last night if my math is right, we need two more games to be reg season champs.

Currently at 14-2 conference with 4 left. WKU is 11-4 with 5 left. Even if we finish those last games 2-2, we are 16-4. Even if WKU wins all to finish same, we have head to head and would be champs and guaranteed post season.

Mind you with this team that should NOT be the goal but just another accomplishment. NCAA at least Sweet 16 (which Insell has never made) here we come.

Still though. That would mean NIT or NCAA every season that Insell has been here (minus Covid). Just wow.

#23 UNLV went 1-0 this week
#24 Fla St 2-0
#25 USC 0-2
#26 Illinois 1-0
#27 NC St 1-1 (won against #19 UNC)
#28 MT 2-0

So USC will most likely fall out but NC St will probably move in. Hopefully will put us at #26 though.

Reactions: tyler90wm
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
Giving the women a target on their back for their road game at LaTech. Might have been better if the ranking had come next week.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you I do think at this point in the year it is time for this team to take charge and beat whoever, wherever if they intend on going anywhere in the NCAA Tournament. It's high time we take people's best shot, smile, then slug them right back knocking 'em on their backside. La Tech believes they can play with us after basically beating us 3 of 4 quarters in Murfreesboro. We win in Ruston and the locomotive starts rolling downhill with two home games to finish the regular season. Win those with authority and hopefully we're full speed rolling into the tournament and whomever is on our track is gonna know it.

I liked the fact the ladies showed some moxy. They didn't roll over & showed some pride for all their work this year. If they keep with the effort & shooting touch they showed last week that'll be good enough until the ncaa's.

#23 Florida St lost to Clemson (16-14) today by 13 points, 74-61. This should help preserve MT's top 25 status this week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT