ADVERTISEMENT

Raiders enjoy bye week as injuries mount

I'm sorry but Coach lost me at

"I don't know if we'll get any guys back, but at least the guys that are playing get three to four days off," Stockstill said. "It gives them a chance to recover a little bit from the grind of all of August and the eight games. It's important for the guys to come back fresh both mentally and physically."

Stock has apparently lost all touch with what it was like when he played. Three-a-days then two-a-days solid for nearly 30 days. Now they actually count practices. And I wouldn't let them tell my mother some of the things I let the trainers to do me in order to play but that's just me.

If a guy blows a knee that's one thing but a lot of us played in a different time when you knew you didn't get pub sittin' in the tub. I hope it's nothing that serious for all 23 players.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRaiderDave
He's such weird dude who doesn't understand how to deal with the media at all. His press conferences are cringe worthy and he doesn't get that whenever you do one of these, you are selling the program to the fans and local public. If you are without emotion and lifeless, how in the world will anyone outside of the school care at all? This is where we're at.

There is no life, no emotion and it's clear that he's tired. To say what he said indicates that he's about ready to give up or at least it feels that way. Why would the team fight for him when he says stuff like that? Personally, I think they have just about lost this team. We'll see in a week but there is no proof that they haven't at this point. We are at the breaking point and I would love to see us get a win here but man, it is so gloomy that even I'm ragging on these guys.

Come on coach! Bring some spark to this team or get out. What's the point if you don't?

I get it, we have a lot of injuries but I will be glad if/when he stops mentioning them. Tell us about the guys who are healthy and how they are going to fight like hell to finish this season 7-5 and go bowling.

How is it every year we get down to our 4th and 5th string runningbacks? IIRC, this has happened each of the last 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT