ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Pressure? Pressure?

Article mentions the absolute miracle required to make the C-USA Championship Game. Managed to work it out, and yes it is possible.

Think the scenario would look something like this As of October 29, there is tiny bit of hope with Middle Tennessee winning ALL FOUR games AND:

1. FAU Losing out. (4 losses-Marshall, La Tech, FIU and Charlotte) - any FAU win ruins our chances.
2. Marshall Loses WKU, UTSA, and USM (4 losses)
3. FIU Loses to UTSA, ODU (3 losses)
4. WKU Loses to FIU*. (3/4 losses)

Interchangeable result: we would be tied with FIU or WKU with 3 conference losses, depending on the FIU/WKU outcome: (WKU wins FIU - 3 losses, WKU loses FIU - 4 losses, but FIU would pick up the 4th loss if it loses to WKU and FIU would have 3 losses if it won). We have tie-breaker over FIU. We also would have over WKU should we win all four. Cannot win the East Championship outright, as I figure remaining games.

Last edited:
Article mentions the absolute miracle required to make the C-USA Championship Game. Managed to work it out, and yes it is possible.

Think the scenario would look something like this As of October 29, there is tiny bit of hope with Middle Tennessee winning ALL FOUR games AND:

1. FAU Losing out. (4 losses-Marshall, La Tech, FIU and Charlotte) - any FAU win ruins our chances.
2. Marshall Loses WKU, UTSA, and USM (4 losses)
3. FIU Loses to UTSA, ODU (3 losses)
4. WKU Loses to FIU*. (3/4 losses)

Interchangeable result: we would be tied with FIU or WKU with 3 conference losses, depending on the FIU/WKU outcome: (WKU wins FIU - 3 losses, WKU loses FIU - 4 losses, but FIU would pick up the 4th loss if it loses to WKU and FIU would have 3 losses if it won). We have tie-breaker over FIU. We also would have over WKU should we win all four. Cannot win the East Championship outright, as I figure remaining games.
What’s wrong with the novel idea of running over every opponent like a steamroller as WKU did the previous two seasons? Sure beats sitting around at mid season waiting for others to lose and back door your way in.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
The fact that there is even a possibility of a conference champ having 3 conference losses is honestl ridiculous. This conference truly is nuts.

Yeah, the WKU game is their death ground and I would love to be there just to watch them lose. :)

Yeah, that is why kiffin is still at usc

Lane won 65% of his games at USC and actually won his division in 2011 (USC was ineligible to play in championship due to Pete Carroll years). Never had a losing season as a college coach.

He got fired because he didn't win enough, wasn't competive in a few games and was a jerk (same Jim McElwain at Florida).

But he seems to be a good X and O coach.

Reactions: AustinLewis
Lane won 65% of his games at USC and actually won his division in 2011 (USC was ineligible to play in championship due to Pete Carroll years). Never had a losing season as a college coach.

He got fired because he didn't win enough, wasn't competive in a few games and was a jerk (same Jim McElwain at Florida).

But he seems to be a good X and O coach.
Lane also coached at USC with significant scholarship reductions and has managed to win 62.5% of his games as a college HC (Stock has a 51.3% career win percentage).

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Lane also coached at USC with significant scholarship reductions and has managed to win 62.5% of his games as a college HC (Stock has a 51.3% career win percentage).

like someone on the cusa board said, all Kiffin has done is demonstrate how bad the rest of the head coaches are in this league.

Briles is the heartbeat of that offense, not Kiffin. Let's be clear on that. Yes, he's been effective but FAU is gonna have to get someone just as good as him next year and they won't unless they can entice a McElwain like coach to go there. Even then, they will slouch because their Last Chance U players are gone when Kiffin bolts too. That whole house of cards flops once Kiffin bolts out of there and he will.

Briles is the heartbeat of that offense, not Kiffin. Let's be clear on that. Yes, he's been effective but FAU is gonna have to get someone just as good as him next year and they won't unless they can entice a McElwain like coach to go there. Even then, they will slouch because their Last Chance U players are gone when Kiffin bolts too. That whole house of cards flops once Kiffin bolts out of there and he will.
I'd agree with you...if Kiffin and his offense hadn't steamrolled the SEC the last three years.

In X and O's, Lane is an excellent coach. It's the other stuff that led to his downfall at USC

Reactions: MTTim
What Kiffin has been able to do proves to me that he is definitely a good coach. I envy their turnaround and hope something like that happens for us. With our without our current HC.

Articles are already out there about bringing back Kiffin to UT.

I've been under the impression that Kiffin can technically coach. I've assumed the the matter with Kiffin is has he grown and matured as indicated by the way he leaves the FAU program or what state he leaves the program in?

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT