ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Preseason Basketball magazines love the Blue Raiders...

That's what I thought. Replacing Williams & Upshaw is not gonna happen. Potts is going to have a lot on his shoulders this season, especially early on as we try to find our way.

Do we have a confirmed starting 5 line up yet?

That's what I thought. Replacing Williams & Upshaw is not gonna happen. Potts is going to have a lot on his shoulders this season, especially early on as we try to find our way.

Do we have a confirmed starting 5 line up yet?

Educated guess would be Dixon, Potts, Johnson, King, and Walters. Only sure bets are probably Dixon and Potts.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I like the Walters guy. I feel like he goes to sleep in some games but when he's on he's on. If he can get more consistent he can really help us.

What about the Davion Thomas kid? I recall some very high praise from Kermit on his behalf.

In the half-time interview Davis mentioned Gamble as halving had a good off-season. Surprising no mention of either Thomas or the newcomers other than King.

Based on comments made last year I would have thought Thomas would be far-and-away better than an improved Gamble could ever be. I guess we'll find out soon. (of course, the player sitting out has always been the "second coming")

In the half-time interview Davis mentioned Gamble as halving had a good off-season. Surprising no mention of either Thomas or the newcomers other than King.

Based on comments made last year I would have thought Thomas would be far-and-away better than an improved Gamble could ever be. I guess we'll find out soon. (of course, the player sitting out has always been the "second coming")

Heck it would be nice if Gamble can give us something, like 7-10 mins a game

Gamble was supposed to be much improved going into last season. Never saw it. Hopefully it will click for him soon.

Gamble reminds me of Josh Phillips who flashed potential but never developed

Gamble reminds me of Josh Phillips who flashed potential but never developed

That is a good comparison. I think a lot of it is our system. We need our big men to be able to play inside out, hit jumpers. We haven't really developed a big man in years. Hopefully, Walters can give us 24-27 mins a game without fouling out, then gamble and the big Freshman players can fill in the gap with quality minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT