ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Positives and concerns heading into fall camp?

1. Will the OL be able to block anybody? We have a legit stable of RB's that could run wild if they can....

2. What is our defense actually going to look like when we open Week 1? DC hasn't shown us the public anything, and rightfully so. Very curious to see if we will be as aggressive as Shafer was...I hope we are. Guess we'll see when we kick off with TN Tech.

3. How in the world will we split carries at RB? We have several talented backs. The obvious are Frank Peasant and Jaiden Credle, and of course the young stud Middlebrook. But Terry Wilkins is deceptively good too, and what about senior transfer Brian Brewton? Surely we didn't sign him to ride the bench....OC needs to get all these guys involved. They're all good enough to be on the field and help us win games.

4. How good can the defense be? I am liking what I see with our starters. Our 1's across the board should be able to play with anybody outside the top 15 teams in the country. But I'm highly suspect that the depth isn't there if we sustain any meaningful injuries. I could see things getting bad on that side of the ball later in the year with injuries.

1. Will the OL be able to block anybody? We have a legit stable of RB's that could run wild if they can....

2. What is our defense actually going to look like when we open Week 1? DC hasn't shown us the public anything, and rightfully so. Very curious to see if we will be as aggressive as Shafer was...I hope we are. Guess we'll see when we kick off with TN Tech.

3. How in the world will we split carries at RB? We have several talented backs. The obvious are Frank Peasant and Jaiden Credle, and of course the young stud Middlebrook. But Terry Wilkins is deceptively good too, and what about senior transfer Brian Brewton? Surely we didn't sign him to ride the bench....OC needs to get all these guys involved. They're all good enough to be on the field and help us win games.

4. How good can the defense be? I am liking what I see with our starters. Our 1's across the board should be able to play with anybody outside the top 15 teams in the country. But I'm highly suspect that the depth isn't there if we sustain any meaningful injuries. I could see things getting bad on that side of the ball later in the year with injuries.
I think we have a lot of the same questions. OL is a huge concern outside of Ethan Ellis and Julius Pierce

How do we look getting off the bus?

To be honest, I haven't kept up with the roster all that much with all the movement, so I'm not sure I have an opinion about a position group or something like that. But one thing that always stuck with me was that Stock's teams never looked like major FBS college football players to me from a ht/wt standpoint. It's probably too early to get the roster to flip or to make major gains in S&C, but I want to see some dudes who look like they belong on college football field from the moment they run out of the tunnel.

To be honest, I haven't kept up with the roster all that much with all the movement, so I'm not sure I have an opinion about a position group or something like that. But one thing that always stuck with me was that Stock's teams never looked like major FBS college football players to me from a ht/wt standpoint. It's probably too early to get the roster to flip or to make major gains in S&C, but I want to see some dudes who look like they belong on college football field from the moment they run out of the tunnel.
It’s going to look a lot better under this strength staff for sure. Might be a year or two away up front tho

Based on what has been shared on various socials & articles, expect MT FB to look like, well, a football team. Something it hasn't looked like since Spray left.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Stock's record after Spray left went south. Under Matt Hickman (Spray's replacment), MT FB lacked size, speed, and explosiveness.

I think you'll see a little more of that under Mason, but it still may be a year or two away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT