ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Player doing donuts

I wonder who wrote this response for Stock?? 😂😂

”“We understand and sympathize with the parents and families in the neighborhood. We will take this opportunity to educate our student-athletes on neighborhood speed limits and remind them that children and pets are highly active in these areas. This is an unfortunate situation, and I will handle disciplinary action internally with AJ.”

So this WR gets caught doing this on Sept. 11 and we get Dobson back on the team on Sept. 11. Not a coincidence I think. This dude is gone. I would be shocked if that's not the case.

• Wow
Reactions: RaiderDeez
I did tons of donuts and slides in the greenland parking lot in february of 94 in an old f 150 4x4 after an ice storm hit. I was tearing it up right by JRF so I get it. However, no one else was there and there was no big brother watching. I had enough common sense not to do it in a freaking subdivision in broad day. I didn't play college football either. If he signed an agreement of conduct which every player pretty much does with the schollie, he could be done.

So this is actually my neighborhood. This story is a spin-off of a larger story that WSMV did last week about unsafe driving in our neighborhood. We've had the city come out for assessment twice in the hopes of getting speed humps or some sort of other deterrent in place, but have been unsuccessful. What I believe happened is that a surveillance camera caught another driver in a different color Charger doing donuts in the cul-de-sac, then the story ran, then the next day police saw Toney doing it in-person. I'm all for "kids will be kids" in some instances, but it's actually a really dangerous area to be doing that kind of stuff.

Its a new trend where I live in Nashville. Its dangerous and is not even close to doing parking lot donuts or going 35 in a 30. smh at some people.

I just expect more from student athletes. I don't care who you are.

So you crashed your Camaro into mailboxes and flipped your SS in residential culdesacs?

No comment.

J/K, but donuts, driving way too fast, driving like an idiot with a way too powerful car? On streets with lower speed limits. Yeah, done it. Got plenty of tickets to show for it. Young people who's brains are still developing are going to do dumb shite. It will never not happen until we put people in the matrix and only allow them to come out at age 42.

I'm not saying its right. If the focus of the story is on making streets safer, that's a good angle. If my dog runs out the front door, I don't want him in danger from some maniac doing burnouts in front of my house.

But just that I'm not sure that this is anything that's worthy of a news story linking it to an MTSU athlete.

These are 2 class B misdemeanors and it sounds like he had a suspended license due to a speeding ticket after looking it up.

He agrees to a driver safety class and pays some fines, these probably get dropped to low level traffic tickets and he gets points on his license. Stay clean and chalk it up to stupid things kids do when they are 22.

There was no evidence he was involved in the property damage at this point and as Casey said, they have trouble with multiple kids/people doing this.

It’s stupid. But we are going to kick kids off our team for traffic violations?

Reactions: MTFAN61
Agree with expecting more from student athletes. We've had 2 recent incidents with a couple of our student athletes. This is not a defense for their actions, but neither incident involved physical abuse of another person or possession of a weapon with intention. In the correct circumstances a vehicle could be presented as a weapon. Personally if I was coach I would let Toney know he's under a probationary watch for the rest of the year, & if there's any notification of any wrong doing on his part no matter how small the infraction he would be released from his scholarship.
I may be too soft, but if both Coleman-Jones & Toney can learn from their mistakes while they're still young, & break no more rules or laws while here I'm ok with a second chance.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Agree with expecting more from student athletes. We've had 2 recent incidents with a couple of our student athletes. This is not a defense for their actions, but neither incident involved physical abuse of another person or possession of a weapon with intention. In the correct circumstances a vehicle could be presented as a weapon. Personally if I was coach I would let Toney know he's under a probationary watch for the rest of the year, & if there's any notification of any wrong doing on his part no matter how small the infraction he would be released from his scholarship.
I may be too soft, but if both Coleman-Jones & Toney can learn from their mistakes while they're still young, & break no more rules or laws while here I'm ok with a second chance.
That’s my thing. In this case, as far as been disclosed, it sounds like Toney has committed driving violations, but so far these are victimless crimes. Doesn’t sound like he was the one to cause the damage.

Fine him, probation and use this as a learning experience. Maybe some 5 AM bleachers and some MT mandated community service.

So this is actually my neighborhood. This story is a spin-off of a larger story that WSMV did last week about unsafe driving in our neighborhood. We've had the city come out for assessment twice in the hopes of getting speed humps or some sort of other deterrent in place, but have been unsuccessful. What I believe happened is that a surveillance camera caught another driver in a different color Charger doing donuts in the cul-de-sac, then the story ran, then the next day police saw Toney doing it in-person. I'm all for "kids will be kids" in some instances, but it's actually a really dangerous area to be doing that kind of stuff.
I suggest you and your neighbors pitch in and have a paving company add speed bumps. The city will never approve it because it makes too much sense.

Victimless? I say there are MANY victims -- all of us who won't see Stockstill let go because of this absolute lack of institutional control
I wouldn’t call a couple minor traffic violations in the legal sense a lack of institutional control. He should definitely be punished enough to make him never want to be that stupid again and hopefully he will be. I don’t think there are very many of us who have never done anything stupid in a car and are lucky no one was hurt.

Reactions: MTFAN61
I wouldn’t call a couple minor traffic violations in the legal sense a lack of institutional control. He should definitely be punished enough to make him never want to be that stupid again and hopefully he will be. I don’t think there are very many of us who have never done anything stupid in a car and are lucky no one was hurt.
My post was sarcastic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT