ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Be safe this weekend

yeah, seriously. While searching twitter yesterday for stuff on MT.., I came some tweets and screen captures of facebook posts from what I suppose are counter protesters, talking about 'gasoline balloons' (instead of water balloons, are balloons and gasoline even a possible thing? if it is it sounds like the potential for a Darwin award) and setting fires. Just stay clear of all this crap. And I hope our various coaches are warning our student athletes to stay away from this crap.

Mufreesboro is such a great town, I hate it that they have chosen to protest here...imagine if no one showed up to counter them - just locked down businesses and silence.

A group of us are meeting and praying together in our homes.

I have a few friends on the MPD and Sheriff's Department - they will be there to protect our town. Nervous for them. And I hope the Alt-Lefters stay away as well.

Mufreesboro is such a great town, I hate it that they have chosen to protest here...imagine if no one showed up to counter them - just locked down businesses and silence.

That's what I would LOVE to happen. All of these "very fine people" just get in a circle and yell how great they are and blah blah blah but no one is there, just a ghost town, and they just stand in their circle and stare at each other. Eventually they will just quit and go get some BBQ right?

there is NO reason to protest here. the protesters are probably coming from out of town. this is NOTHING but an attempt to stir up trouble
Yes, it seems like they are on a whirlwind tour to as many cities as possible to stir up as much trouble as possible and bait a negative response. Hard to deal with them the right way, unfortunately (and even know what that correct approach is, to avoid violence)!

These are all out of town/out of state hateful aholes who have no respect for anyone or anything around them. They don't care about Murfreesboro or the people here. I went downtown for lunch and saw one place boarding up their windows. Sad that this is where we are at in 2017.

These are all out of town/out of state hateful aholes who have no respect for anyone or anything around them. They don't care about Murfreesboro or the people here. I went downtown for lunch and saw one place boarding up their windows. Sad that this is where we are at in 2017.
Glad there are alternatives happening AWAY from the "rally" at the square. Murfreesboro Loves is doing some type of picnic/lunch/march or something a ways away. Hopefully that gets the attention, not the "rally".

Reactions: arg3b
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT