ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Orlando Sentinel 2017 College Football countdown

Any predictions for where we get ranked? I'm thinking it may be within the next week. Definitely in the next 2 weeks.

to this point, with wku, the rankings include all of MT's opponents this fall

43. Western Kentucky
44. Minnesota

45. North Carolina
46. UCLA
47. Vanderbilt
48. UCF
49. Colorado
50. Michigan State
51. Missouri
52. San Diego State
53. Memphis
54. Ole Miss
55. Maryland
56. Houston
57. Wyoming
58. Toledo
59. Navy
60. LA Tech
61. Boise State
62. App State
63. Indiana
64. Old Dominion
65. Wake Forest
66. California
67. Tulsa
68. Troy
69. Miami (Ohio)
70. Boston College
71. Texas Tech
72. Army
73. Middle Tennessee
74. Ball State
75. Arkansas State
76. Syracuse
77. New Mexico
78. Georgia Tech
79. Western Michigan
80. Oregon State
81. Southern Miss
82. Pitt
83. UTSA
84. Nevada
85. Duke
86. Purdue
87. Northern Illinois
88. Georgia Southern
89. Marshall
90. Eastern Michigan
91. Florida International
92. Virginia
93. Rutgers
94. Colorado State
95. Central Michigan
96. Hawaii
97. SMU
98. Air Force
99. Louisiana Monroe
100. North Texas
101. Ohio
102. East Carolina
103. San Jose State
104. Bowling Green
105. South Alabama
106. Florida Atlantic
107. Tulane
108. Louisiana Lafayette
109. Iowa State
110. Rice
111. Temple
112. Idaho
113. UNLV
114. UTEP
115 Coastal Carolina
116. Akron
117. Utah State
118. Cincinnati
119. Kansas
120. Illinois
121. UCONN
122. Kent State
123. Fresno State
124. GA State
125. UMASS
126. Charlotte
127. New Mexico State
128. Buffalo
129. Texas State
130. UAB

It's interesting that only 4 opponents are perceived better than us. I also want to compare this list to the actual results at the end. They haven't ever done that before or I haven't seen it.

ESPN doesn't feel that Syracuse is worse than us. They give us a 13% chance of winning that game. They give us much higher chance vs. WKU and Vandy.

I don't feel Vandy is a 47 nor do I feel that WKU is a 43 but that's my opinion. If you went to a bowl game and you are returning most of your team, you should be in the low 70's and high 60's to start with. Then you grade potential after that. WKU lost the 2 best receivers and coaches that they have ever had. Hard to replace that. Vandy can run but they only won 6 games and 3 conference games. I don't see them beating UGA, Tenn, or Ole Miss this year. They will backslide. It's all subjective I guess.

It's interesting that only 4 opponents are perceived better than us. I also want to compare this list to the actual results at the end. They haven't ever done that before or I haven't seen it.

ESPN doesn't feel that Syracuse is worse than us. They give us a 13% chance of winning that game. They give us much higher chance vs. WKU and Vandy.

I don't feel Vandy is a 47 nor do I feel that WKU is a 43 but that's my opinion. If you went to a bowl game and you are returning most of your team, you should be in the low 70's and high 60's to start with. Then you grade potential after that. WKU lost the 2 best receivers and coaches that they have ever had. Hard to replace that. Vandy can run but they only won 6 games and 3 conference games. I don't see them beating UGA, Tenn, or Ole Miss this year. They will backslide. It's all subjective I guess.

Vandy runs the ball - not good for us; when was the last time we could stop the run - Vandy should be favored.
WKU, they still have the great QB and we play them on the road - WKU should be favored

I hope we are in a position where the game against WKU matters...need to get a fast start. But we will have to upset Vandy and/or Syracuse.

Vandy runs the ball - not good for us; when was the last time we could stop the run - Vandy should be favored.
WKU, they still have the great QB and we play them on the road - WKU should be favored

I hope we are in a position where the game against WKU matters...need to get a fast start. But we will have to upset Vandy and/or Syracuse.

Shafer focuses on run stop and we have a LB coach who has stopped the run as a player and who knows how to stop the run as a coach. We are in for better shape to do that this year than we have ever been since 09. We have Brady now who is a run stopper and an all American at DE as well. Vandy is 0-3 in season openers. I like our chances.

Vandy is not a #47 and they won't finish at 47. They have Florida and UT on the road. UGA will get payback and they got Bama. Mizzou will be better this year and so will SC who is another road opponent. They also face us, WKU and Kansas State in their OOC. Ironically, they have Alabama A&M on there too. They might get 3 wins this season. It's a brutal schedule. Their coach can talk all he wants. If they want to win, they'll have to do more than run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT